Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - generosity's my enemy

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

The floods that had ravaged Terrastella had been a hard and trying time for the court. It had ruined the lives of some of the court’s greatest inhabitants. It had ruined the beautiful greenery that now flourished. The floods had destroyed so much and yet, somehow, they opened the door to new life and new growth. From the ashes (or rather marshes) came a beautiful court that only seemed to grow more beautiful by the day.

Rhone nodded his head softly to her silent question, affirming that there were indeed floods. He had not been there to experience them when they came, but he had ventured into Delumine’s library and read the chronicles. They sounded horrific and Rhone was a little ashamed to admit that he was thankful he had missed the destruction. When he had come to Terrastella he had been in a dark place emotionally. He was unsure if he would have had the strength to endure such hardship.

She wants him to tell her of the floods, but Rhone feels as though he is an inadequate story teller. And yet, he chooses to tell her what he does know, after all, it is important to tell stories and educate. "According to the archives, the whole court was driven underwater. The court had to temporarily relocate to Denocte. Perhaps that is why the bond between Terrastella and Denocte has been so strong. I’m afraid I don’t know many details, only what was written down during those dark days." Rhone had come just as the boarders had been reopened. He had been one of the first to enter and help to rebuild. Several stayed away until it was more inhabitable, but Rhone had the courage to be first so he could help them rebuild. How better to build trust with the court than to help the court rebuild?

He listens to her own tale of trying to pinpoint when she had come to Terrestella. She too had come after the floods and for that he was thankful. At least she was able to enjoy the beauty of the court from the moment she arrived.

The conversation naturally turns from the destruction of the floods to the plants around them. He looks at her, watching the way the earth reacts to his magic. The way the grass reaches for him, the way the flowers bloom in his presence. It makes him smile and his heart fill with happiness. The cherry blossom tree upon his right hip begin to bloom, passively telling of his happiness. When she finally speaks, he nods in understanding. "I have always been strangely connected to the earth, even since the day I was born." His earth magic had always been a part of him and it traveled with him to all the words he had called his home. While on Hoof Prince, he had much more magic, Earth had always been his favorite and Brighton would always be the one he worshiped.

As she speaks of her gifts, almost in a way to convince herself that they had purpose, he nods. "Everyone’s gift is beautiful in its own right." Each gift complimented the individual. Some had the gift of battle, winning wars and rescuing prisoners. Some had the gift of foresight, able to stop bad things from happening. Some had the gift of healing, others the gift of knowledge. Each and every gift was beautiful in its own way and each gift deserved to be celebrated. "I’m you’re your gift is no different." His gift made the world physically beautiful, but perhaps hers made the world a better place with regards to how she used her gifts.

@Mephisto

Messages In This Thread
generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-08-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-08-2020, 10:25 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-19-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-20-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-05-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-16-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 01-01-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 10:07 PM