Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - generosity's my enemy

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court warden

I
t was strange, thinking of her curse as a gift.  For too many nights, she had lain awake and shamed herself for the monster which now lived inside of her.  Time had allowed her to make peace with the magic, but she certainly didn’t consider it a gift.  An asset perhaps, for the magic could be manipulated to will now, more than it had been before.  In the beginning, it had assaulted her without warning, taking everything from her and leaving only the shell of her mortal form.  It was unfair, losing control over her very mind and free will, lost to the magic without a whim toward why… but now, she was learning to master it, to control it (instead of it controlling her).  It was a slow process.

She sighed and nodded to his words, for indeed, the mare’s unique talent would be seen as a gift by the court.  It would help them to be prepared in battle, to be aware of the dangers which lurked at their borders and watched them with hungry gazes in the night.  They would not be caught unaware, for as long as Mephisto could help, she would.  It gave her purpose, she supposed – and purpose was far better than wandering aimlessly as she had been for far too long here in Novus.

"Thank you,” she whispers to the stallion, grateful for his reassurances and presence.  “You’ve given me much to think about… and it’s been a pleasure.”  She pauses for a moment, letting the warmth and peace of the morning was over her once more, until duty began to nag at her, requiring her presence to begin the daily rounds.  “I should be going, but perhaps we will meet on the sea cliffs again?  I would like to know more of what you’ve read in the library.  I’ll admit, my understanding of the lore here is… rusty, at best.”

She offers him a smile, stretching her wings wide, and rising to the sky with a nod to Rhone below.  “Keep sharp, my friend.  I shall see you soon.”  And she is gone once more, her cerulean gaze piercing through the clouds to gaze upon the kingdom she is sworn to defend.

@Mephisto | "speaks" | @Rhone
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-08-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-08-2020, 10:25 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-19-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-20-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-05-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-16-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 01-01-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 10:07 PM