Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - tell the truth but tell it slant

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

kissed my penny and threw it in
prayed to keep my soul

G
lacier blue eyes watch as the woman orders and she hums quietly under her breath for a moment. Elliana has no way of knowing the storm that brews along the edges of her family. She has no idea of the hurricane that’s about ready to hit. “I’m not usually allowed sweets before lunch,” she says truthfully to Boudika. “But perhaps if we share,” she says. A loop hole that does not quite make sense, one that children create because the world to them, doesn't make much sense. Unfortunately, this will hardly change as they age. The world finds entertainment in the lack of sense it submerges itself in.

“To some, maybe, but I imagine the flowers must think otherwise,” she says, her voice like a ship in the night. She sounds too wise and too childish all at the same time. Elli watches it again with blue eyes until the tea and pastry is brought to them. “Thank you,” she says politely as she follows Boudika over into a seating area. Elli takes a sip of the tea, a small bite of the pastry, another sip, another sip.

Another sip.

Silence is not uncomfortable when there is tea to be had. Her GiGi taught her this and so Elli sits in the quiet with ease. “So you believe in fate?” She says with mild surprise, catching and digging into the singular word spoken by the woman. She takes another sip, wants to tell her just how surprised she is. “You told me I look like my father,” she says then almost shyly, not believing the statement to be true. “But I am no shed-star as Azrael is,” she tells Boudika in a gentle enough way as if to let her down easy for thinking such things she knows are not the reality. “I am just a girl from Dusk.” Just a girl from Dusk she believes, no more, no less. Just a spirit talker. No more, no less.

In the sea.
Not by.

Oh the tales of adventure she must have! What ships has she seen pass by? What fish have swam up to her to say hello? What buried treasure has she discovered? What sailors has she kissed?

Take me with you when you go, she almost wants to say. I want to know what the dead say beneath the waves.

And the rooms grows hushed as Elli moves closer to her, her breath is lavender and secrets, in her eyes are rippling raindrops and untold stories. Stories Boudika already knows. Yes. Tell me. Tell her. She should tell her I already know your name, I already know your story, I already know the great deeds you have done. But not yet, not yet. “We are going to be just perfectly splendid friends,” she tells her. Another sip. “Only if you want to be.” Another sip. “Did the fates tell you that?”

Some secrets cannot be shared too soon.
And Boudika knows this better than Elliana ever could.  

@Boudika elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
« r »

Messages In This Thread
tell the truth but tell it slant - by Boudika - 11-09-2020, 12:23 PM
RE: tell the truth but tell it slant - by Elliana - 11-25-2020, 11:38 PM
RE: tell the truth but tell it slant - by Boudika - 11-30-2020, 01:28 AM
RE: tell the truth but tell it slant - by Elliana - 11-30-2020, 05:41 PM
RE: tell the truth but tell it slant - by Boudika - 11-30-2020, 05:58 PM
RE: tell the truth but tell it slant - by Elliana - 12-11-2020, 02:40 PM