Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Festival] Once upon a time...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Elena can feel the woman’s tiredness, just as she can feel her own. “You seem weary,” Elena tells her, not just because she had caught her asleep. “Why?” Her questions hangs in the air between them, soft and unassuming, her fatigued eyes trace the lines of her face. She cannot help the small smiles that tugs at the corner of her mouth, as tired as it was.

They walk and although Elena’s blue eyes remain nearly entirely steadfast on the woman before her, she catches another off in the distance. Two others. Elliana, her daughter, and Azrael. She doesn’t know what she ever did in this life to deserve him, but she would gladly endure every hardship, every terrible moment, and every day of loneliness over and over again so long as it meant she would end up here. They have come a long way, but they are together now. They exchange smiles before Elena looks to the woman once more. “I’ve been told I make an excellent listener, if you wish to talk,” she says, and glances around the fields of flowers and those enjoying the festival. She watches their smiles, while knowing what they feel. She knows so much more than most that the mask does not always match what sits underneath. If it did, Elena’s would be made of porcelain, cracks weaving through it like spider webs. Cracked but not broken, a dent or two there, but it has not fallen to dust. Not yet.

“I am the Champion of Community,” she offers her. “And a healer, or I try to be at least,” she says, blue eyes focusing with all the softness of summer skies. “And where are you from, what do you enjoy?”

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Meira

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
[Festival] Once upon a time... - by Meira - 11-10-2020, 08:13 PM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Elena - 11-15-2020, 10:38 AM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Meira - 11-30-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: [Festival] Once upon a time... - by Elena - 12-11-2020, 12:06 PM