Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - under a new moon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

- ✦ -

A
warm breeze passes through as Morrighan walks up to the open window of the castle. With it she can smell fresh earth and flower blooms. Summer is nearly here, she can feel it, but there is something more.

She can see it in the shadow of the new moon and imagines how it would shine down if it were full. There has been something pulling at her for some time, but she hadn't figured it out until recently. She remembers back to her conversation with Po and then thinks about Maeve. There is more purpose to this life. There is more she can be doing and giving to her Court. Maybe she's always felt this, but the thoughts have been stirring in her mind more recently. She wants to prove to her Court that she can be more than just one who wields fire. She wants to prove it to Maeve too and show her how hard work pays off. She wants to prove something to herself too, but she isn't sure how to put it into words.

Morrighan has heard the witches talk about the new moon being a time for new beginnings and setting goals and intentions. This seemed as good of a time as any to call Antiope to a meeting and bring her intentions to light. She's sure many before her have challenged for this rank and fought until their opponent's knees went weak, but that's not what she wishes to do tonight. It didn't feel appropriate to do to a friend, so she hopes that this will still not sever their trust and friendship. She just feels ready to take this next step and hopefully Antiope will understand.

When she hears the footsteps echo off the castle walls, she doesn't take her eyes off the sky yet. The world is so much darker and almost emptier without the moon, but maybe that's why it's such a time for being alone and self-reflecting. She takes a deep breath again, catching the hint of a distant bonfire. A reminder of what still lives within her if she's not careful.

"Thank you for meeting me here," she says, shifting to face Antiope and wincing from her leg wound that still hasn't quite healed. She supposes it serves as a different reminder of where her impulsiveness can lead her. "Well I'll just get right to it since I know our time is valuable. I feel that I've done well serving the Court for some time. I started as Warden and made my way up as Regent and, while I know I've made some mistakes, I feel that I've learned from them and I'm ready to be something more. I'm ready to show Maeve too that I can be something more. I'm ready to have more of a purpose in this Court."

Morr finds herself looking out at the sky again, for once wishing she could see the figure of Caligo as if to give her affirmation. "I'm ready to be Denocte's Sovereign." It almost doesn't feel real.

"I am willing to fight to prove my worth if necessary," she adds, dipping her head. Morr wants to still acknowledge this as tradition in case that's how Antiope wishes to proceed. Either way, she waits for the woman's response with bated breath.

you can't touch a woman who can wear pain like the grandest of diamonds around her neck
« r ; art » | @Antiope

Messages In This Thread
under a new moon - by Morrighan - 11-11-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: under a new moon - by Antiope - 11-12-2020, 11:51 AM
RE: under a new moon - by Morrighan - 11-17-2020, 08:42 PM