Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - As the shadows creep in

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

I wondered how much his shadows would explore around the room, if they would reach the curtain drawn over the window, with holes fastened over hooks to keep out even the slivers of light that would normally creep around the edges. Or the sunken firepit nearby, that held no wood, or ashes, unused since I had been here, leaving a cold chill in the room, one  I made up for with hides I had found in some decrepit storage chamber.  How far was their reach? Were they bound to his body? Or could they move far on their own? They never seemed to stray far, always curling and coiling around him, like a snake coils around it's prey. 

Sometimes on these days, where my body decided to slip into such a state, fear coiled its way around me, just as Tenebraes shadows coiled around him. Though I often told myself not to let it, it made its way through. It hadn't always, there was a time when I had been ready, to slip away. Had said my goodbyes and readied myself, and it had happened. But I wasn't anymore, and every time, that fear that this was it would twist its away around me. I knew everytime, it wasn't it, because that first time there had been such a lead up, it hadn't been out of nowhere, but fear and logic are not friends. 

I let a soft sigh escape me "We both know we're both lying Ten, you are just as 'fine' as I was when you found me in the foothills"  

His touch is soft, friendly, and I welcome it. It's been so long since I've known the touch of a friend so dear. Io Kairavi was long gone, and no one had since taken her place. Though I winced at the light from his moon, I did not pull away. He could linger as long as he liked, it seemed he needed it nearly more than I. 

It was strange to not be able to hold his gaze. Usually, it was a comfort to not be stared at - I'm so used to others looking at me as some foreign creature against the landscape before them -  but knowing that he would never see any landscape again only made me feel sad for him.  "we do" I replied. "Tell me, what other gossip flits around the temple? I only hear what the boys find noteworthy, but their taste is... questionable, at best" 

@Tenebrae

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-13-2020, 07:34 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-26-2020, 12:16 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-26-2020, 08:13 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-27-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-27-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-28-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-28-2020, 09:35 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-29-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-29-2020, 11:25 AM