Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - forget-me-not blue [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nightwish

N I G H T W I S H
once upon a time, there was a boy...
He settles in the flowers, accepting the one she tips toward him with a delicate touch, before he too starts to pluck the petals one-by-one.  Nightwish has no rhyme to sing, no love to wait for.  He watches only her, meeting her smile as her lips turn coy and coquettish with the question.  “Interesting things are always worth the wait… and strangers are always interesting.”  The artist in him takes in each aspect of her, filing them away to memory.  He watches the way the sun glints from her gold, the way her eyes follow his movements, but also how they look beyond, as if searching for someone else.  And it is the searching in her gaze which draws him in all-the-more.

“I am Nightwish.  And you are?”  He nods his head in greeting, stretching his legs further as the sunlight bathed them in golden light.  All around them, there are sounds which draw him in.  His ears flick back and forth, catching bits of conversation, strains of song.  He hears a child with glee as she races from her friends, calling out behind her for them to “catch them if they could”, a sentiment which draws a chuckle from the bard.

“Is this your home?  It’s lovely…”  He gestures to the flowers, speaking more broadly of the land which held them.  Ever the wanderer, Nightwish had gravitated toward the Night Court for its lively entertainment and the endless wonder of their nights… but each of the courts had held appeal.  He’d followed the festivals, first with bonfires in the Dawn Court, then with flowers in Terrestella and with beach combing and crafts in Denocte.  More than the festivals, he followed the crowds, eager to learn what stories they might share and what faces he might find, always seeking something more.

“And who are you looking for?  Perhaps I might have seen them in my wandering?”  He grins boyishly, hurriedly adding, “Not that I would mind, if someone waited for me.  It’s quite a lovely thought, that somewhere out there, someone’s heart might beat for yours…”

― @Juniper

Messages In This Thread
forget-me-not blue [festival] - by Juniper - 11-16-2020, 01:26 AM
RE: forget-me-not blue [festival] - by Nightwish - 11-18-2020, 05:37 AM
RE: forget-me-not blue [festival] - by Juniper - 12-07-2020, 03:32 AM
RE: forget-me-not blue [festival] - by Nightwish - 12-27-2020, 03:42 PM