Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i just want to watch the birds go by

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 2
Signos: 270
Day Court Youth
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 506 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: Literary Animation & N/A  |    Bonded: Dandelion (Sky Lion)

Somewhere in you there's a power with no name
It can rise to meet the moment and burn like a flame

I
think I only closed my eyes for a minute, to rest my head, when I hear my name called. My golden eyes—golden like the sand, or the sun—pop open and I lift my head from the cool, shadowed sand beneath me.

I glance quickly toward the oasis to see the tails of both gazelle disappearing into the undergrowth. The corner of my mouth turns up, and I feel as though I have accomplished something. I hope that they will be safe, and better, find their way back to a herd.

When I turn toward the direction my name had been called out from, I am not surprised to see our Aunt Bexley heading my way. I recognize her voice, and she is one of the few that I am comfortably familiar with besides Mother and Diana. I stand up and offer a brighter smile.

“Auntie Bexley,” my voice is a thin chirp, contented and joyful, as I carefully fold closed the book I had been reading. When we are close enough I gently touch my forehead to her shoulder, my dark waves tousling in a light breeze. My tail swings in a slow arc behind me, “I have missed you.”

It has not been that long since we last saw each other, but I am always grateful for the company of those who do not look at me strangely, or treat me differently. Mother treats us as though we’re fragile, and I know she worries, but sometimes I want to just be normal.

{ @Bexley "speaks" notes: <3 }
« r »

[Image: 27092483_OXKc9V3WJVpPTMw.png]
we start with stars in our eyes
we start believing that we belong

Messages In This Thread
i just want to watch the birds go by - by Ambrose - 11-16-2020, 05:20 PM
RE: i just want to watch the birds go by - by Ambrose - 11-29-2020, 08:42 PM