Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - sharpen your teeth [NC auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

I'LL SHOW YOU MY TRUE COLORS

a promise with a lie is broken by design // and what I thought I knew has been swallowed by the truth // it's time to light the flame // right before it rains // i'm not afraid, i'm not

The castle bells are ringing, but all Morrighan can seem to focus on is the beating of her heart. Maybe later she will grieve and come to terms with the loss of a friend, but for now there is work to be done. She has a new purpose now in this Court, one that she feels she's been working towards for quite some time. Long before Maeve had even been born, she realizes.

The bells remind her of Isra.

For what seems like ages ago, Isra stood on these very steps and looked down on her people to speak of a new day. She had been missing for a while before then, but she returned once Raum had been slain. It was a chance for the Court to become stronger than they had ever been before. To rebuild and regroup.

Morrighan had been the first to stand up then to speak and declared her loyalty to the Court. Something she had been struggling her first time here, but it had been Isra who welcomed her and saw potential in her. She didn't only see violence, she saw strength.

That's how she stands before the Court- her Court, her family. There are many she's pissed off or scared off, sure, but times are different now. They can all think what they want, but she'll prove it to them.

She nods to a guard and the bells cease. A hush falls over the crowd and she watches as many eyes turn to her. She would normally look up at the moon as if to call on its guidance, but there is nothing but its shadow among the glowing stars of the night.

"Denocte, I call you here for several reasons. First and foremost, many of you know me as your Regent. I have served this Court for a couple years now. This is my home as much as it is yours. It's come to a time where I feel I could do more. I stand here now, not as your Regent, but as your Sovereign," she addresses them, pausing for a moment to wonder if Antiope is watching from somewhere. As she scans the crowd, there is no sign of her tiger stripes and red ribbons. Unless she is hiding in the shadows, Morrighan is alone.

"No blood was shed, there was no challenge… It appears we could not come to an agreement of some kind, so Antiope has left," she continues, gritting her teeth. She can already hear whispering in the crowd. "However, if any of you do see her again as a visitor or a wanderer, you are all to treat her with respect. Just as I would expect you to do with Isra. She was once your queen and sovereign after all." Part of her wants to say all the things Antiope accused her of and shut the gates on the former Sovereign, but their friendship meant something to Morrighan. Even if it might not have to the other woman, she is not going to treat her like an enemy when she should not be one.

"I'm not here to be a dictator or bring about violence, as some rumors may go. As long as we all work together towards the greater good of this Court, I will stand by you. Cross that line and then that might be a different story." Her two-colored eyes glow in the absence of her fire. As badly as she wants to release it, she does not. She doesn't want to scare anyone anymore (not unless she has to, at least).

The Sovereign takes a few steps forward so that she's a bit closer to the crowd and might be able to hear voices more clearly. "Now with that said- our ranks are empty. If anyone here feels they have more to give to our Court, speak your mind now."

As she waits for the first response, her mind drifts to Moira and how the Emissary may react to this news. That she would deal with next.

"Speaking."
(Don't worry, Morr isn't doing anything to Moira lmao)
credits

NOTE: Although this thread is tagged AW, this does not count towards the current writing contest as a reply to an AW thread since this is not a typical AW thread

Just like we have done in the past, this thread is going to act as an IC audition for all of the open ranks in the Night Court! You don't need to have your character declare what ranks they would like in your IC reply if you don't want to, but make sure to complete the form below with as much info as possible.

Current open ranks: Regent, Warden, Champion of Wisdom, Champion of Healing & Champion of Community

Please post your audition by 11:59pm EST on December 1st. After that, auditions will close and I will respond with Morrighan to announce which characters have been promoted to which ranks. If you're not wanting to audition, but would like to have your character respond to the news, you're still welcome to reply!

My goal with this leadership team is to all collaborate OOC on events, lore, adopts and whatever else might come up. If your character is promoted, my ask is that you make at least 3 IC posts a month (preferably related to the Court) and participate in Court planning. I will be holding myself and current regime/counsel ranks to these same standards. However, I won't be demoting anyone immediately for not meeting this. I completely understand that life happens (we're in a pandemic, after all) so if something comes up, just DM me and we can work it out!

To audition, please complete the form below and either copy/paste it at the bottom of your IC post or DM me (fiftyblackroses#8448):

Code:
- Which role(s) would you prefer to have for your character? Please rank your choices if there are more than one.

- If you are given a role, how many posts can you comfortably commit to a month in the court boards on average without feeling stressed out? (Is at least 3 a month a reasonable amount for you?)

- Would you be willing to help with adopts, lore, plots, any court events?

- Do you have any events in mind that you would love to see?

- What would you like to see done in Denocte overall?

- What would your character like to do IC?

I look forward to reading your replies <3

Messages In This Thread
sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 11-17-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 11-18-2020, 05:01 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-22-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by August - 11-23-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-24-2020, 11:40 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 12-02-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 12-02-2020, 07:22 AM