Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - sharpen your teeth [NC auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

there's no such thing as an unhaunted house
I did not like crowds like the one that night, tensely waiting for whatever announcement was about to come. A significant part of me just wanted to be up in the mountains with my sister and our wolves, streaks of grey roaming through the dark forest. It was better when Morrighan stepped forward, and our attention had a target to land on.

So Antiope’s time was done, and a new sovereign would take her place. I was surprised (surely I wasn’t the only one) but it was easy enough to take in stride. Morrighan was so established within the court it seemed a natural transition, although I still had questions… of course, I had questions. For later.

Horses began to come forward. Some cheered, others bowed. With the slightest tilt of my head I watched it all unfold. I thought about what it meant to be sovereign. What Isra represented, and Antiope, and now Morrighan. How the position changed, each woman given her own slow season. I was perhaps too cynical for my age; none of it seemed to matter in the long run, not really. Nothing but that the wheels would keep turning, the machine would keep ambling along. The parties would still be held, with the pretty lights and the quaint activities, and the court would keep slowly expanding.

I could not tell if the others were afraid to state where they saw themselves, or if they just didn’t know. I could relate to either, although not today. When there was a lull in the congratulations and the offerings, I took a step forward and nodded my head in acknowledgement. I had no congratulations to give, and though I wished her well this seemed so obvious to me that it would be stupid to say it out loud. “I would like to be considered for Warden.

I was a child born and raised in peace, and it was all I knew. I never sailed across the sea to go to war. I never lived through a tyrant who turned his citizens to stone. My skin was untouched by scars and my conscience unburdened by loss. But I was a daughter of Denocte; Morrighan would find no one more loyal to the kingdom (the kingdom, the land I loved, not its regime) and few who knew it as well as I, even despite my youth.

And I was not a complete stranger to violence; Morrighan had witnessed it firsthand. I did not waste time making my case, for I did not see what difference it would make. She was my aunt Morr, one of the many who looked after me when my parents were gone. Some things could go unspoken between us.

"Speaking."

- Which role(s) would you prefer to have for your character? Please rank your choices if there are more than one.
Warden

- If you are given a role, how many posts can you comfortably commit to a month in the court boards on average without feeling stressed out? (Is at least 3 a month a reasonable amount for you?)
3 is reasonable! Most months I have 5-10 posts with Aspara

- Would you be willing to help with adopts, lore, plots, any court events?
Of course <3 

- Do you have any events in mind that you would love to see?
I would love to see some kind of event that has religious ties! Moon festival or something similar.

- What would you like to see done in Denocte overall?
I would love to see more development of places in the court to build upon the fantastic NPC's that Kat has created! Maybe not in the sense of creating official descriptions of everything (I dislike the idea of limiting other's imaginations by saying "this is the way it is") but events/prompts that encourage players to explore what they imagine the court looks like, smells like, how the general mood of the people changes with the season, etc.

- What would your character like to do IC?
Prowl around and be noble?

Messages In This Thread
sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 11-17-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 11-18-2020, 05:01 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-22-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by August - 11-23-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-24-2020, 11:40 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 12-02-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 12-02-2020, 07:22 AM