Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - sharpen your teeth [NC auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

I'LL SHOW YOU MY TRUE COLORS

a promise with a lie is broken by design // and what I thought I knew has been swallowed by the truth // it's time to light the flame // right before it rains // i'm not afraid, i'm not

There is a part of her that is worried no one will step forward. Morrighan hasn't been well liked among some of the Court. There's no doubt in her mind that there's going to be a lot of apprehension about her stepping up as Sovereign. She's hoping that in time, she can show everyone that this isn't her taking over anything or becoming power hungry. She's also hoping that the counsel she appoints can make sure to keep her in check.

As some familiar faces start to step forward, she breathes a quiet sigh of relief. Azrael is the first to speak, the man who helped heal her on the island and who she will forever be grateful for. Although his salve wasn't a permanent fix, it helped her get back home safely until she could reach out to Elena for more help. She remembers their brief conversation and how he mentioned he isn't the most social. It seems he had a lot of knowledge to share from his Shed Star origins and that would indeed be valuable in a counsel position.

"Thank you, Azrael," she says with a nod. There is already a good choice for him in her mind, but she will wait to make any official decisions until all have stepped forward and spoken.

Then there is Tenebrae, the monk she did not expect to befriend. Their time in the temple is something she thinks back to often. There are not many that she trusts in this world, but he has never disappointed her. Out of everyone here, no matter if they speak out or not, he is the only one that she can think fit for a certain position. It didn't matter that he was blind now because she knows the kind of strength that he has and the kind of magic he possesses. She can see the way the tendrils act as guides to move him forward. Plus, he brought back Maeve safely from Terrastella and didn't need to pass the task on to a random stranger (unlike a certain someone).

His sentiments are about what she would expect him to say. Although, she could do without the bowing. It makes her uncomfortable. Even just the title of "queen" is something that will take a while for her to get used to.

"Thank you, as always, Tenebrae," she says. Although he can't see her, he will likely hear her gratitude in her tone. While he must still feel like he has disappointed Caligo, Morrighan would think otherwise. He has done so much for not only her and Maeve, but the Court too. There's no reason the deity should have any reason to look down on him with anything but pride.

Morrighan is partly surprised at who steps forward next, but at the same time she has seen Aspara's strength come forward recently. If it wasn't for her and her bonded, Maeve would've likely been killed on the island. She showed tremendous courage and strength that day and for her, Morr will forever be grateful too. Not to mention all that she has done for Maeve otherwise. It only seems right that she is appointed Warden so that their borders can remain safe. Any danger that tries to come through would likely be no match for her. Still, she waits to let everyone speak, although even she is starting to feel the anticipation brewing.

"Duly noted. Thank you, Aspara," she tells her, looking at her like the proud Aunt that she is. Wherever Isra and Eik are, they must be proud of how much she's grown into the woman she is today.

Then, there is someone new that speaks out. She thinks she remembers their name as Cicatrix. Morrighan hasn't spoken to them directly before, but perhaps it should be worth something that they have spoken. It takes a lot of courage to do so in front of a crowd, but then again, she's not so certain of their intentions. Without knowing them well enough, she's not sure what she could offer this early. Still, she nods to them. "Thank you, Cicatrix," she says, keeping a watchful gaze on them for a few moments before the very last voice rings out.

It's August, of course. Should she be so surprised? With all he's talked about lately about a redemption arc, she should have known that he would speak out today. What she didn't expect was him to also be interested in Warden. His words sting a bit as she remembers telling Antiope nearly the same thing. At least this time, there is someone who can honor a tradition as such and not simply see it as useless violence. Before she responds, she turns to Aspara to see how she reacts. There is no hesitation and the challenge has been accepted.

While part of this turnout is who she had hoped to see, some of this had surprised her and made her realize just how many she does actually appreciate in her Court. Morrighan had been unsure at first who might be willing to stand by her for this change, but she's happy to see that not everyone distrusts her. Maybe there is hope of them seeing that she's more than just her fire and sharp tongue.

When no one else speaks, she knows it's her turn to. She clears her throat and stands taller than she has been. This is her new purpose and she can feel herself brimming with pride for her Court and the new opportunities this will provide.

"Thank you all for stepping forward today. I appreciate all of what you've said," she begins, addressing the small group but also looking out at everyone else in the Court. There are so many that did not speak, but maybe they will in time once they all trust each other more.

Morrighan's gaze goes in the order of who spoke, resting first on Azrael. "Azrael, I would be happy to appoint you as our new Champion of Wisdom, if you are up for it." She feels confident in her choice for his position, should he wish to take it. There is a lot that he could teach them all, but especially those in the Court that are still growing and finding their place. It should also give him the purpose he's been seeking within the Court and help him be more social with them all.

Then she turns to the monk who is more than that to her now. "Tenebrae, you have been with me through some hard times and have been there for Maeve in so many ways. I can never thank you enough," she says to him with a rare but genuine smile. "I would be honored if you would stand beside me as Night Court's new Regent." Something tells her that he will gladly accept the offer. His loyalty is something that reminds her of herself (just maybe without the really worship-y to Caligo part).

Moving on, she looks to both Aspara and August now, the excitement of a challenge in their gazes. "I will honor this challenge for Warden. You two can rest tonight and will meet me out here tomorrow to start the challenge. I will appoint whoever wins as Warden and whoever loses, well, we can see what we can work out." There is still a part of her that isn't so sure about August, but she does appreciate his hard work lately. It would be wrong of her not to acknowledge that. Perhaps there is a place for both of them in the counsel, no matter the outcome of the spar. It will be something she'll have to think over tomorrow after all is said and done.

Lastly, she looks at the newcomer, feeling more uncertain about this one. "Cicatrix, I do not know you well, but perhaps we can change that. Let's get a drink sometime and you can tell me more about your purpose in joining the Night Court," she offers and hopefully they will take it. If the meeting goes well and several more after that, perhaps there can be a place for them in the counsel as well.

With everyone accounted for, Morrighan turns to look out at the Court as a whole again, not wanting to keep them any longer. "That concludes this meeting. Thank you all for coming here and listening. If there is anyone else that wishes to speak with me in private, please arrange it with Sullivan."

And with that, she walks back through the castle doors. There is still a lot of work to be done and something tells her that the work is only just beginning.

"Speaking."
@Azrael @Tenebrae @Aspara @Cicatrix @August
credits

Thank you all for auditioning and putting so much hard work into your posts! I enjoyed reading each one and this wasn't an easy decision for me haha.

TL;DR:
@Azrael has been promoted to Champion of Wisdom!
@Tenebrae has been promoted to Regent!
@August and @Aspara will spar for the title of Warden! Whoever wins the spar will be appointed Warden and whoever loses I will message to see what else we might be able to work out rank/plot-wise.

To make things official, make sure to head on over to the Rank change thread! You can also post your character one more time here if you'd like.

@Cicatrix - I appreciate you auditioning! I would love to thread them with Morrighan a bit before possibly appointing them to a rank to see how plots might work out. Let me know when you'd be up for getting a thread together!

Again, thank you all and I look forward to writing and plotting more with you all <3

Messages In This Thread
sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 11-17-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 11-18-2020, 05:01 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-22-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by August - 11-23-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-24-2020, 11:40 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 12-02-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 12-02-2020, 07:22 AM