Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - where the falling stars live [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

it's a new world, it's a new start ;
it's alive with the beating of young hearts

T
he beach has gotten a lot quieter since the sun has set. I can see the last brush strokes of color on the horizon as I look out at the sea. It had been a really pretty sunset and I think I need to watch them more often from here. I found myself spending more time in the woods or by the lake if I'm not in the castle, but not so much by the sea. It scares me a little just with how big and deep it is, but being among everyone here for the party makes me a little more comfortable. I just probably won't go swimming like some of the others.

Of course, I could probably do without the bonfires spread out along the beach. I know it's just something about our Court, but it doesn't help me not think about my powers. They even showed up again the other day and I wasn't even in any sort of danger. I'm worried I won't have any control over it at all and it'll just show up whenever it wants. What if it gets stronger? I don't know what I'd do.

I easily spiral out with my thoughts so I take a deep breath. Rory gently pulls at my mane as if to tell me it's okay and I smile at him. If it's not Bram, it's Rory and I appreciate bondeds even more. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Now that the moon is fully visible in the sky, it seems everyone is lively in a different way. There is some laughter and chatter, but it's not as loud as it had been through the day. I think more are starting to appreciate the moment a little more. I know I am. Rory and I settle down in a spot in the sand and I just take it all in. I close my eyes and taste the salt from the sea on my tongue as the ocean spray comes back to me a little. The smoke from the fires travels in the air too, almost bringing a warning along with it.

When I open my eyes, I start to not look at the moon as I usually do. Instead, I find myself making shapes with the stars and wondering how they all got up there. I've heard the stories that they're our ancestors, but are they? Could there be something more to it? How long of a journey is it to get up into the sky? I don't have wings, so I imagine it'd be really difficult for me.

Then, I see a streak of light race across the sky and my jaw drops. For a moment, I thought I imagined it but I definitely see another, fainter one go by. I gasp. "Wow! Rory did you see that? I wonder what those were?" The hawk nods, looking just as interested as I am. I'm hoping it's not an ancestor falling back down, although it does make me wonder more about falling stars.

In the distance, I can hear a few others whispering about it too, but more of them are gathered in front of a story guy to listen to whatever he has to say. It doesn't seem as interesting as the sky tonight, so I wait for more falling stars with wide eyes.

« r ; art »

@Azrael <3

Messages In This Thread
where the falling stars live [summer] - by Maeve - 12-03-2020, 12:38 AM
RE: where the falling stars live [summer] - by Azrael - 12-04-2020, 10:55 AM
RE: where the falling stars live [summer] - by Maeve - 12-13-2020, 09:35 PM
RE: where the falling stars live [summer] - by Azrael - 12-18-2020, 04:22 AM
RE: where the falling stars live [summer] - by Azrael - 01-01-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: where the falling stars live [summer] - by Azrael - 01-01-2021, 02:44 PM