Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Summer] Rainbow Fish

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Willfur

☽ Willfur ☾
Only in Darkness

A voice - or, really - the upturn at the end of the voice's greeting that suggests a question and the following pause that triggers an instinctive, "who, me?," reaction turns the mule's head, bringing him somewhat reluctantly back to earth. "Hello." He answers politely, eyeing the way the mare struggles to find footing against the shallow, billowing waves, her eyes flashing gold as they cast up and down the shoreline. "Do you mean the festival, or more… everything?" He ducks his head apologetically. "I'm sorry, I mean no offense! You just look as if you might've fallen from the night sky yourself, all stars and crescent moon. You're well within theme, actually! The Night Court is hosting a 'Beach Bash,' a party for anyone to come and enjoy the lands of Denocte. There are vendors, drinks, entertainers, and, of course, the natural wonders."

He stops himself short of joking about himself being one of these wonders, not wanting to give an impression of propositioning the poor girl, especially after that falling from the sky comment. "They say this is one of the best places to watch the sky - sunrises, sunsets, moon, stars - though I'd suggest the Tinea Swamp as well, northwest of here, in Dusk Court, if that's your sort of thing. The way the water stills and reflects everything above is beautiful."

His own eyes, an ordinary, earthy brown, have wandered out to sea during his monologue, out to where the black of the ocean meets the black of the sky in an almost indiscernible gradient. "This is the Terminus Sea." He gestures with one ear, turning to face the mare again. "It surrounds all of Novus, as far as anyone can tell. I'm Willfur, by the way. Are you new here?"

"speaking"
@Io

Can We See the Stars

Messages In This Thread
[Summer] Rainbow Fish - by Willfur - 12-03-2020, 10:52 AM
RE: [Summer] Rainbow Fish - by Io - 12-03-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: [Summer] Rainbow Fish - by Willfur - 12-10-2020, 10:16 AM