Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Some enchanting evening... [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

beat me black and blue, every wound will shape me, every scar will build my throne

T
here are days where Morrighan realizes just how different Denocte is compared to where she grew up. Kids had very short periods of time to be kids before they were thrown into training. She remembers not spending much time to enjoy the little things and much preferred to train as a warrior. She was much smaller than her peers and so she often was the target of bullying. It took awhile for her magic to come through too, so most times she was defenseless until she built up enough strength to fight back. All that really ran through her mind was battle and survival. To be here, even now, and seeing the children playing is a sight both beautiful and different.

Maeve is one of the children she can see out on the beach and it's the light in her eyes that keep Morrighan going. Azrael's wise words remind her just why she picked him for his position. She simply nods at him, but reflects on just how great of a gift Maeve has been for her alone.

Just as a wise one might say, he plans to gather information and learn. It seems to be a good idea and one that she could appreciate. Morrighan has read some texts here and there, but it's hard for her to keep her focus on several pages of reading. If Azrael is able to find out anything important, he can always relay it to her. And Cicatrix, the newcomer who wanted to do more, could perhaps learn a thing or two from the man as well. "I think that's a great idea," she tells him in between sips. "Let me know how it goes and with Cicatrix too. I don't know them well but if they still wish to be part of the Court, there might be a place for them somewhere." She doesn't trust easily, but she will certainly take notice to those who are dedicated.

At the man's last suggestion, Morrighan nearly spits out her drink. It isn't a bad idea, but that means having to deal with Moira. Although the woman had earned the right to keep her title, there would always be tension between them. Morr just couldn't stand her, plain and simple. The very sight of her set her fire ablaze.

"Yeah, could finally give Moira a job to do," she grumbles, setting her glass down. In fact, she can't recall the last time Moira had done anything in her job description. It'd be a good idea too since Morr hated traveling. "Solterra has been suspiciously quiet lately, so it might be good to start there." It had been seasons since Raum and the explosions, but just as she will always hold a grudge to her Emissary, she will remain skeptical towards the Day Court's intentions.

Although she had never put much faith into the stars or other forms of divination, she can't help but be a little curious. "What else are the stars telling you?" There are many stories she tells Maeve, but she's not even sure if she believes them. Too many things have happened in her lifetime that make her question everything.

"Speaking."

« r ; art » | @Azrael

Messages In This Thread
Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 12-06-2020, 09:30 AM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Morrighan - 12-06-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 12-08-2020, 06:50 AM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Morrighan - 12-22-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 12-27-2020, 03:17 PM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 01-01-2021, 02:50 PM