Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just glad i tried [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

Plain is something he had always called himself. Ever since he was old enough to understand what made each individual different, he couldn’t help but notice that he was not as flashy as others. Even Aspara had a horn and a pretty color. He was as plain as they came, his mother too. Katniss had tried to tell him that he was not plain, but perfect just the way she was. She always told him how much he looked like his father and it always made Kibou wonder why his father wasn’t here with him. He would always ask, but his mother skirted around the issue and only told him that he lived amongst the stars. Now that he was two, surely he was old enough to know the truth, right?

The little orb of light that followed behind him flickered with his emotions. It shone bright when he was thinking of this beautiful day, the grad sand castles, and all the treats served during the festival. But now that he was thinking about his uncertainty surrounding his father’s absence, the little orb of light seemed to flicker dully. Kibou never understood why the orb followed him, only that it was a gift from his father. Could his father see him through it? Should he be talking into the orb like a telephone straight to his daddy? More questions that the colt didn’t have the answers to.

As he came up on the stranger, he smiled fully at him, happy to see another. It was also refreshing to see someone just as plain as he. Perhaps his mother was right. Perhaps being so plain was not a handicap but something to be thankful for. At least he would never draw unnecessary attention.

At his words, he nodded his head softly. This celebration had been just what the colt needed to feel happy again. Saki tried her hardest, but even she could get easily annoyed at the antics of one so young. “I do love it when Denocte throws parties! The sweets are the best part!” During winter time, he loved when they served hot chocolate with peppermint spoons. And during the fall, he would eat candy apples as if they would leave and never return. Summertime, was for popsicles and ice cream, and Kibou had certainly had his fill of them today. “Have you tried any of the sweets yet? I love the coconut ice cream!” The ice cream was mixed with real coconut flakes and topped with toasted coconut as well. It was heavenly.

As he came to stand at a more personable distance (so he wasn’t yelling at the poor man), he slowed himself to a halt. Saki was thankful that he had at least traveled a little closer to the shore so she could drop the satchel without fear of it falling into the surf. As he chatted away, she played idly with his hair, picking out stray grains of sand and seaweed. Kibou looked like a hot mess and needed a good bath – but don’t tell him or else he’ll deny his need for cleaning.

@Atlas

Messages In This Thread
just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-06-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-14-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-19-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-23-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-24-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-29-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 01-01-2021, 11:12 PM