Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just glad i tried [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Atlas

three two one count it down
swim or drown

Ordained to attend parties and celebrations as the second son, Atlas possessed no choice but to make appearances. He was to be polite, punctual, well-groomed, and silent, and to allow his older brother to absorb all the attention. As with most things, the preparation was the worst bit; as soon as all the gussying up and anointing with golden oils was done, he could just blend into the background, as he preferred-- as he had been raised to prefer.

He watched Kibou frown with a purity of confusion belonging only to youth. It was the result of a genuine selfless unhappiness, and not disapproval or dislike. It made his heart squeeze, and he offered a gentle smile of his own. “Don’t be sad for me, my friend,” he said, hoping to raise the youth’s spirits. His own happiness was not Kibou’s burden, and if Atlas were to ruin his joyous mood he might just walk into the ocean and not return. “My life has been full, parties or no.”

Much to Atlas’ relief, Kibou instead launched into a spirited tirade of Denocte’s fall and winter festivals, and the laurels of the celebration of each respective season. Sweets and food played a huge part in what made both of these events great, as well. Atlas smiled, fond. Kibou’s companion, however, seemed less so.

Atlas shifted so the little stag could lead the way; together, the pair made their way up the beach. “It’s nice to meet you, Kibou,” Atlas said, genuine. He met Saki’s incredulous gaze and responded with a spirited wink of his own. He did not mind the energy whatsoever. In fact, he could use an injection of brightness into his life. “And Saki, as well. My name is Atlas. I appreciate you taking the time to show me the way, as it were.”

A warm, salt-smelling breeze whipped down the beach. Atlas lifted his head up into it, into the late-afternoon sun, a golden silhouette against the bruised-purple of the distant horizon. “There is a wisdom in holding one’s tongue, as tedious as it may seem. It is a hard-learned skill. I certainly have not mastered it myself, even though I’ve tried.” He has been in his life a poor hermit, swearing off the luxuries of socialization. It has never stuck.

SPEECH ! @Kibou

Messages In This Thread
just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-06-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-14-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-19-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-23-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-24-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-29-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 01-01-2021, 11:12 PM