Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just glad i tried [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

Kibou did not like the fact that he had made the other sad by his lack of party going. The other told him not to be said for him, but Kibou had a big heart and he couldn’t help the way his heart was telling him to be sad. Kibou could not imagine being raised in such a way that he did not get to attend and enjoy every party. Perhaps it was good that he was born here in Denocte and not in some other court, like Solterra. Perhaps it was a good thing that he was still fairly naïve to the vastness of the world and ignorant to other religions and cultures. Perhaps it was a good thing he had run into Atlas at this particular party. There was no time like the present to learn about others who’s backgrounds differed from his own.

As they began to meander down the beach, Kibou gave the introductions and beamed when Atlas, as he called himself, said it was nice to meet him. However, while his mother had taught Kibou many manners, he still struggled with remembering all the rules. He should have said something along the lines of “you’re welcome” when Atlas thanked him for showing him the way to the sweets. Saki let the pause go for a few strides, but then kicked her heel into his shoulder to get his attention. Jolted, the colt looked over his shoulder to see a monkey glaring down at him as if he had forgotten something. “Oh right…” He offered Saki a sheepish smile before turning back to Atlas. “You’re welcome! My momma told me to always be welcoming and helpful.” Saki instantly facepalmed herself, mentally writing herself a note to teach him that it was not attractive to be boastful. But he was learning, he really, truly was.

Thankfully, they changed the topic onto things like wisdom in holding-one’s tongue. Saki was trying to teach the colt these things, but he was far to uninterested in learning that particular lesson. “It’s too hard for me to stay quiet. Saki believes I just like to hear myself talk.” The monkey shook her head, her hands going back to picking out burrs from her charges’ mane. “…you do.” Kibou smiled, his heart filling with innocent joy. The small ball of light that floated behind him glowed brightly, shining even brighter in the dusk. It bounced along behind him, following him at exactly a half-lengths distance, lighting the path before them.

It did not take long for the scenery to change. No longer were the two males kicking up sand, but stepping onto firm grasses and weeds. The area was set up much like the markets, with venders on either side for as far as the eyes could see. Each was selling different things, from clothing to food. Kibou meandered through the crowd before he paused at a tent nestled in the far corner of the lot. “Marcus, can you scoop my friend here some ice cream? I told him your coconut ice cream was the best!” The vender chuckled lightly as he turned to Atlas. “What will it be, sir?” He was ready and prepared to dip whatever flavor the stallion wanted into a freshly baked waffle cone.

@Atlas

Messages In This Thread
just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-06-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-14-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-19-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-23-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-24-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-29-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 01-01-2021, 11:12 PM