Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just glad i tried [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Atlas

three two one count it down
swim or drown

It heartens him to know Kibou has a figure in his life he can look up to; the world is cruel and scary and can make mincemeat out of unsuspecting hearts. Maybe, with a parent like Katniss, who by all accounts is a fierce warrior and staunch protector, just maybe... Kibou would make it out unscathed.

There are no hidden meanings behind his desire to meet Katniss. He certainly had no plans for secret romances; he merely hopes to meet as many of the good people in this world as possible, in his time. He was no great judge of character, but if Kibou’s demeanor was any indiciation, Katniss should fall into his category of a ‘good person’.

Of course, if he should meet her, and find her some horrific, bloody monster, well, that would just be part for his course, wouldn’t it?

Atlas grins as the child goes absolutely hogwild on his ice cream cone and screws up his face in an amalgam of pain and delight. “You are a most excellent teacher,” he laughs, and only laughs harder when the boy recovers and repeats the action, devouring the treat down to the last crumb.

His own is starting to grow on him, though his mouth is becoming numb. The chocolate is smooth and bordering on heavy; the coconut lightens it just enough to not be too rich. He listens intently as Kibou waxes poetic about something called sticky toffee pudding, and thinks maybe his wife, Sadal, would have liked such a treat, eons ago in that other life.

The noise of Kibou’s name ringing out across the crowd cows the boy, and he sighs and deflated a little. “Go on, then,” Atlas said, giving him a friendly nudge, “It was nice to meet you. Hopefully we’ll meet again soon!”

The boy smiles and heads off, disappearing in a whirlwind of colored banners and fire-turners as the night has truly come to settle in Denocte. Atlas is left with the remaining quiet of the busy night; he settles into his bench seat to finish his ice cream, and peacefully watch the world expand and shift around him.

SPEECH !
YAY YAY YAY THAT WAS FUN <3 THANK U ZOM. SEE U SOON EYES EMOJI

Messages In This Thread
just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-06-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-14-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-19-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-23-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 12-24-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Kibou - 12-29-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: just glad i tried [summer] - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 05:09 PM