Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - Light up the night [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Azrael

When the other speaks of immortality as a curse, Azrael has to agree – for he too was an immortal being, one who would roam this earth long after the others had left their mortal bodies behind.  There was a certain sadness to it, paired with his longing to know the stars as intimately as he could – and he would dedicate his immortal life to their studies, watching the way the stars would be born and would die, watching the way the skies would change as seasons turned to years, and years to lifetimes.  Still, he knew it could be a lonely existence, taking solace in knowing Elena would be by his side (for at least as long as she would have him) – and infinity was far from enough time with her.

He smiles to Cicatrix, nodding understandably at his mentions of star walking.  Though Azrael had never been blessed to walk among the stars, he knew those who claimed to do so.  The People were granted many gifts, and some chosen ones had spoken of being transported in the cosmos – of dancing in the night sky with nothing holding their earthly body to this world.  It sounded like a beautiful experience, one he’d had a small taste of long ago, on the island.  Then, the starfield had been but an illusion – but oh, how beautiful the false-stars had been.

“I hope they are not lonely,” he whispers to the night, “ for there are many who gaze longingly skyward – many who wish and whisper with hopes that they will listen.  For myself, I know they have been a constant companion.  For you, as well, I presume.  For only one who knows the stars intimately could speak of them as you are now – as friends, and as something more than simple lights in the sky.

Please, stay and enjoy the night.”
 He nods to Cicatrix, turning toward the court once more and watching the residents within milling about.  “I should go, for someone waits for me, beside the sea.”  He thinks of his lover now, a soft smile on his face.  IT was good, Azrael decided, to have more than the stars to live for now.  He hoped Cicatrix would find his purpose here too, soon.  “Thank you for the company.”

And the shed star leaves the mountains, turning toward Terrestella, where Elena and her daughter waited in their home by the sea.

Azrael
html by castlegraphics; artwork by magtox

@Cicatrix

Messages In This Thread
Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 12-07-2020, 09:46 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 12-08-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 12-08-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 12-08-2020, 06:41 PM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 12-10-2020, 04:42 AM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 12-25-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Azrael - 01-03-2021, 03:01 PM
RE: Light up the night [summer] - by Cicatrix - 01-03-2021, 09:46 PM