Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and i'm just a dead man walking tonight

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

Kibou has seen a lot of things in his life, a lot of things that he can’t always explain or put his hoof on. That was the funny thing about worlds where magic runs rampant. Everything was never as it seemed. Horses came in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Magic that flowed through their veins knew no limit. There was always something new and different to learn. Kibou’s upbringing was much like this. His exposure to so many different things only helped him to grow into a more well-rounded colt. Soon, he would be old enough to make his own decisions and walk down the path he believed was chosen for him.

So naturally, when the individual states rather matter-of-factly that they are used to being stared at, it makes Kibou sad. No one should ever be stared at, no matter different they look. While he couldn’t always control his initial reaction, it’s how he dealt with it that made a difference. “I don’t fear you…” His voice is soft as he chews at the fizzy candies that have since stopped fixing. “It’s just…you look different. I’m very plain. I like to see differences in people – I find all the uniqueness fascinating.” Poor Kibou had always been fascinated with those who were unique and different. Perhaps he should work on his staring. He knew it was rude, but he really didn’t mean anything by it. After all, he was just studying everyone else, learning. Wasn’t he supposed to learn?

He’s given the stranger’s name and he vows to lock it away so he could remember it the next time they run into one another. Cicatrix. It was an interesting name, he very much liked it. So many here in Novus had unique names and he vowed to learn them all at some point.

Kibou offered Cicatrix some of his fizzy candy, a gesture that he hoped might make up for his rather rude welcoming. At the acceptance of his offer, Kibou allows the package of fizzy candy to float between them. He watches with interest and curiosity as Cicatrix finally tastes the candy, taking back the package and pouring the last bit of the candies on his tongue. His spine shivers at the sudden onslaught of popping and he cannot help but smile.

As his friend begins to tell of their account of the first taste of the fizzy candy, Kibou can only watch with a smile. “I love them! My mom says they put a pep in my step, whatever that means.” Kibou, the poor soul, just likes anything that fizzes, pops, or tingles. Anything that adds additional sensation to his feasting was alright by him.

As the last of the fizzy candy seems to fade, Kibou swallows what is in his mouth before he looks up at his new friend. “Have you been in Denocte long?” Kibou can’t recall seeing Cicatrix around, but that didn’t really mean much of anything. After all, the life of a colt is generally filled with exploring and getting into trouble.

@Cicatrix

Messages In This Thread
RE: and i'm just a dead man walking tonight - by Kibou - 01-05-2021, 05:13 PM