Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and i'm just a dead man walking tonight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

Kibou finds it hard to believe that other people find Cicatrix scary. Sure, their look is a bit different and strange, but Kibou definitely wouldn’t classify them as scary. After all, the voice that came from between their lips was soft and kind, not mean and degrading. “I’ve seen scary, and I promise you that you are not scary.” He offers them a smile, hopefully a way of showing that he really wasn’t scared.

When Cicatrix begins to explain to him that he’s not plain, he’s still himself, Kibou cannot help but look up at them with a strange smirk. He’s heard that before. “You sound like my mother. Though, she says I look like my dad.” He sighs. Sometimes, he wished he could have met his dad, to see how important he meant to his mother. But Katniss didn’t talk about Metaphor. At first, when Kibou started asking questions, he was given short, simple answers. It was always just enough to satisfy the question, but not enough to make him ask more.

The conversation naturally transitions to the fizzy candies and Cicatrix is kind enough to tell him that “pep in his step” means that the candies make him happy. He nods his head, knowing that they did make him happy. He loved the sensation on his tongue and jaw. It was always strange, but it was sort of addicting too. He supposed there were worse things he could get addicted to.

Curiosity always seemed to get the best of the little sorrel colt and he couldn’t help but ask if Cicatrix had been in Denocte long. After all, he didn’t remember seeing them around. While he was usually busy getting into mischief, he liked to think he recognized a face when he saw one. Cicatrix confirmed his suspicions when they said that they were pretty new. But, the thing that stood out was that they liked it here, that it felt warm and safe. Kibou nodded his head softly, knowing that feeling. While he liked to wander Novus from time to time, he always came back here. This was home.

When asked if he lived here in Denocte, Kibou nodded his head softly. “I was born here. My mother and I live just outside the city.” Ever since he was born, his mother and he, as well as their companions, had lived in the same hut just outside the city. His mother always said it was more peaceful out there and it allowed her more time to relax without the constant sounds of the city. Kibou, on the other hand, rather liked the sounds of the hustle and bustle. It meant that there was always something to do.

But the question about living here in Denocte made his heart ache for a moment. He knew that soon, he would be old enough to fly the nest and he would go to Terrastella. Kibou hadn’t the heart to tell his mother that he wanted to train to be a medic. He could only help that she might support him. “Next spring, I plan to move to Terrastella. I want to train to be a medic.” He smiled as he dwelled on the excitement surrounding a new path for himself. “My dad was a healer. I even have healing magic!” Even though he couldn’t control it very well, he still had it. Surely his dad had made sure Caligo gave him that gift. It was something that would always remind him about his father and it would do the same for his mother. It was bittersweet though. She might be upset that he was following in his father’s footsteps, but at the same time be proud. Emotions were something the colt was still learning and often times, they proved to be exhausting.

@Cicatrix

Messages In This Thread
RE: and i'm just a dead man walking tonight - by Kibou - 01-20-2021, 05:54 AM