Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - kiss me, bad karma

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 3 — Threads: 2
Signos: 30
Inactive Character

with fire in my mouth
I become my own goddess

I
am careful with my arrival back home. A big spectacle in an arrival is something that is more suited to Hagar or Adonai than myself. I don't want my siblings to see me until I appear before them. Each believing I greet them first, before the rest. My siblings like to be the first. Despite my plan though, I am careful of who I actually approach first. I know Pilate is the safest bet, the others I can soothe, tell them Pilate caught me when I was on my way to greet them. But Pilate’s grudge would be too deep pacify. 

“Mistress mary quite contrary

How does your garden grow?”

I hum the song quietly below my breath. Only the ‘sss’ manage to hiss through my teeth, but should anyone hear they may better think snake than girl. The servants have taken the bags to my room. I give them each a gift that I have collected while on tour, no two gifts the same. One a strange gold coin, another a strong from my recital costume, and still another a scale that someone told me belonged to a dragon. They were my own presents once, from admirers of the ballet and my role, but I have little room for such petty things. I slip the scale inside his pocket and ask: “Where is Pilate?” With a smile that would look like blood if it were not so camouflaged beneath the red of my skin. “Breakfast, in the dining room.” I blink emerald eyes. “And the rest of my siblings?” His eyes widen. “Their rooms I believe, Ruth collecting medicine, and Hagar in the gardens.” My cheek presses against his own, a silent thank you before going to the dining room. I could use a bit of toast, perhaps a cup of tea. Mama had told me once that a cup of hot tea is one of the best things for a hot day. 

Tea, yes I would like a cup of tea, I think. 

“Pilate!” I say charmingly as the servant opens the door for me to enter. I race towards him, all vigor and youth that my age permits me to harvest and allows me to display without consequence. I collapse against him for a moment in an embrace that little sisters give their brothers. “Your face is the first I wanted to see, I have missed you most of all, big brother,” I say when I pull away. I kiss his left cheek and then his right before smiling sweetly. 

“The heat out there is absolutely dreadful,” I say taking a seat beside him. “I could do with a cup of tea,” I say and as if on cue (because it is so on cue) a servant arrives with cups and the kettle. He pours me a cup, is about to move away before I am able to pause him with just a flick of emerald eyes. “Won’t you indulge me and have a cup as well?” I ask him, peering up from underneath long lashes in a way that makes me look so very small beside him. “Please, you are much better company than my dolls for a tea party,” I say as the cup is poured. I add a just a bit of sugar and stir, all while keeping my gaze directly upon Pilate. “Did you know I no longer take any milk in my tea,” I say looking down at the tea that still swirls. I wait for it to settle. “I learned while away you truly can get by with just a dash of sugar.”

{ @Pilate Delilah "speaks" notes: wow, I hate her :) }
« r »

Messages In This Thread
kiss me, bad karma - by Delilah - 12-18-2020, 07:40 PM
RE: kiss me, bad karma - by Pilate - 12-26-2020, 12:22 AM
RE: kiss me, bad karma - by Delilah - 02-14-2021, 01:05 PM