Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Hot and Cold

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

I have never been to the lands of day.  I have seen deserts before, lived and breathed in their life, had my image written across its skies, but not like this one. I had thought Lyrus was a harsh place, with its towering red rocks, and it's one oasis.  But Solterra, solterra was a cruel place. heat shimmered visibly in the air, painting it in waves, like the art of a long dead surrealist. I am sharply reminded   that the waste had been a death sentence for me, and that I'd be lucky if this place wasn't.  

Though this time I had company. a month or two back I had found two pups deserted in the mountains, ad though I hadn't been able to speak to them as I had Picoro, as of course, he would never share his role, I'd managed to give them enough love that they'd stuck around. Long enough now that I'd been able to teach them a few things. Both are sweet, though different in personality. While Yara is my shadow, Mithra prefers to run amuck.  They grew larger than I expected, both now reaching nearly up to my stomach.  Picoro to accompanies me of course. 

I did not expect the desert to be this hot, though I should have known better, coming in in the summer months. I don't know what I expected.  It does not bode well for me, and though I felt fine when the sun rose over the mountains, my head began to pound nearly the moment I set foot in Solterra. "Yara" I call softly,  "Steady" it is one of the few things I've managed to teach her. to come into my side and take just some of my weight. It is handy on the mountains, and I hope that in time, with her and Mithra, I will be able to make it down myself, without having to employ one of the disciples. 

After what feels like an eternity I make it to the court itself, and by then my body cries in exhaustion. I shush Picoro before he can say a word about my poor judgement, and lack of foresight.  I had in fact, come here for a reason though. With the end of summer will bring with it sickness, especially with so many living in close quarters. Not much grows on the mountains, and I want to be prepared was sickness does strike. Deserts hold one of the best herbs for it, white sage, and someone in the markets is bound to have some.  If I knew where the markets were.

The people here seem...cold, in stark contrast to their home, and though no one seems particularly ready to help a woman whose spine just from her back, I will not return to the temples empty handed.  The first man to catch my eye, is one with a head full of snakes. "Excuse me." I call softly, unsure if my voice will be heard above the clamor of others moving about. "Could you direct me to the markets? I'm afraid I'm rather out of my element here" 

@Pilate
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
Hot and Cold - by Luvena - 12-30-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: Hot and Cold - by Pilate - 01-18-2021, 12:14 AM
RE: Hot and Cold - by Luvena - 01-22-2021, 11:55 AM