Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

I stood stone still as he ran towards me, my eyes pinned on him, the rest of the world a dizzying blur.  These days I didn't even know how many years it had been since I'd left Elysium, and all my friends within it. How old my sons were, I often forgot how old I was amongst everything that had happened.  And I had never cared to remember, knowing that the memories would only bring back more pain, the longer I lingered within them. But now in this moment everything came flooding it at once, so strong it felt like my heart had stopped.  My breath came in short gasps, and even as he danced around me in pure bliss, I stood in shock.

I thought they were all dead. I told myself they were, because it was worse to think that they were all out there and that I'd never see them again. How cruel was the last act of the firstborns, to not give us a chance to say our goodbyes, or venture off together. To take everything they had ever given us over the years and and toss it out of our reach like it was meaningless. All of our hopes, and endeavors, our earnings, gone. Just like that.  

But here he was.

I flung myself into him with all the strength I had. Reaching in and finding what I had been given by Vega, whatever last shred of it remained. In that moment nothing, no person or force could have stopped me. I found my vision flooded with a thousand tears, ones I had not allowed myself to cry when Cavalier left, or when the woods had burned. Even after losing my son, I hadn't let myself, and now they all came at once. My body shook so hard as I sobbed that I could hardly stand, and I found myself leaning in to him to keep myself up, the girls having backed away.

"Kodarki I..." I stopped, gasping for air through each word. "I thought you were dead! You're here" 

In all those years since Elysium I thought I'd been stuck in my own feelings of the past, but I realized now, that I hadn't let myself feel them at all. That feeling I'd hated so much wasn't sadness, or regret. It was numbing.  All of it, buried deep, and finally bubbling to the surface. 

I'd forgotten just how tall he was, and reached up to push my face into his mane. "I'm still not convinced you aren't some fever dream" I murmured gently, only partly joking. "That you aren't just death staring me in the face again." I was still sobbing, unable to stop the tears from coming. I surely seemed a mess. 

Slowly though, they went from tears of all the loss, and fury, and sorrow of the years, to joy. A smile began to spread across my face. I pulled away as I finally managed to stop myself from shaking. Suddenly no longer exhausted, but filled with an energy I hadn't felt in years.  A laugh bubbled up inside me, and out of nowhere came out, it was my turn to dance. My legs moved more gracefully then they had since Vega's blessing as I pranced around him. Thank the stars, the heavens, and all nine hells that something had told me to stay in this prairie, that for once I'd listened to instinct.

I pulled myself back into him still laughing "I can't believe you're here! I though fate was keep us all apart forevermore" 

@Galileo
I SOBBED
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 03:51 PM