Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

I almost wanted to kick him for that line, playfully though if anything. "As if I was to know!" I retorted with fake indignance. "If immortality can be taken away on a whim then it wasn't much of a stretch"  I stand for longer than I can tell, just existing with him i that moment. As if there was nothing else in the world that mattered. At this moment there wasn't. Even Picoro, the grumpy little thing he was had climbed up her neck to rest his head on Kodarki's. 

I froze as he explained his feeling of loss. "Oh Stars me too" I murmured.  I didn't miss the break in his voice, the way it crumbled just ever so slightly at the end. "No one else will ever know what those of us who were in Elysium have been through... I don't think I'll ever forgive the firstborns... to taunt someone with life like that I..." My voice started to break again, though I cleared my throat before it had the chance. "It was cruel of her... to let me have a taste of that, and then to take it away"

I had had a moment, just a fleeting moment, where I could run and leap to my hearts desire. Where I could keep up with my son, and live every day without worrying that the next I'd be splayed out on the ground. I was reminded again of that cruelty now, as the rush of adrenaline slowly left me. The last bit of Vega's strength, the piece I didn't know I'd been saving, used up at last. Slowly I crumpled to my knees, suddenly more exhausted than I had been before. I reached up, trying to pull him with me, so we could lay beneath the stars that were slowly blinking back into existence, as the sun said its goodbyes.

"Oh..." I replied with a soft sigh. "I dont know... I mean... I'm doing what I always have, healing, helping where I can, but, I don't know if that my purpose. I don't think I've ever really been happy with just that. I was in Terrastella for a while, working in the hospital but I just... it was too much like Crucis.  I live here now. In Denocte. The mountains. It's..." I hesitated, looking for the right word. "quiet. But what about you? Where did you go, after..." I stopped there, letting our homelands fate linger in the air. 

@Galileo
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 07:07 PM