Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

"I suppose it does" I murmured, laying my head across his legs as he joined me on the soft prairie floor.  I hoped we'd stay survivors for much longer. I didn't know now how I felt about the thought of death, I'd accepted it at one point, but it was hard to do that now, after having just a taste of life. "Do you know if... if anyone else from elysium made it?" I was hesitant to ask, knowing it would bring up painful memories for us both, but I needed to know, if he had any idea about Liatris, or anyone else.  

I lifted my head from his legs, looking back at the girls, who were finally coming about to sniff at the man. "In the mountains" I replied watching them circle around cautiously, before they each slowly began to give their tails a soft wag.  "Yara" I gestured to the slightly larger of the 7 month old pups, "was all huddled up in a crevice while Mithra," I gestured to the other "Was wandering around like a newborn foal. I brought them back to the temple and they haven't stopped following me around since" I laughed.  "It's not the same as having a bonded, they don't share that connection, but I love them all the same. I've been trying to teach them a few things. I'd rather like to stop fetching an apprentice or an acolyte every time I fancy leaving the mountains"  I let a soft sigh leave me, of slight frustration. I was tired of relying on the strength of others. 

They understood to some extent, I was sure, though they weren't quite big enough yet for it to be safe to really rely on it.  Soon though. Besides I had to admit, it felt rather noble to have two large canines flanking one as they walked. and if I ever was graced again by beauty, well, it would be quite the sight. 

"Oh come now don't laugh at me!" I responded indignantly to his snicker. "Believe me I'd rather be doing more as well, but I'm a little stuck with what I can do" 

My brow furrowed slightly as he spoke of his name, his family, and I pulled my head away, looking at him with a deep concern, though I didn't dare pry any further. "I won't say a word, and I won't ask you to share anymore but..." I paused "Are you safe?" I had just found my friend again, and I didn't care to lose him. I laid my head once more across his legs. "I hope you won't move on from here so soon"

@Galileo

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-05-2021, 01:00 AM