Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Karma [PM] Posts: 53 — Threads: 11
Signos: 760
Day Court Warden
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  19.2 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 14  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Kerauno (Blue Swallow)

galileo kodarki

i felt the touch of the kings and the breath of the wind

"Don't." He begins, in an attempt to ease her mind. "Don't think about it now. It is the not knowing that hurts more than anything. You could think the worst of him and for all you know, it could be the opposite to the truth." The advice he gave was the same he should take himself, but he'd never been good at that. The truth was, he didn't know if Liatris -- or, in fact, anyone from Elysium -- was alive or dead. But that didn't matter, because it was important to focus on the living. It had always been a cold thought, but one that had hardened him to the things he'd seen, and it worked nonetheless.

Let the dead lie.

Of course, he would not say that to Luvena. That was not what she needed to hear in these moments. Instead, she filled his ears with talk of night orders and royals and things he, if he was honest, did not entirely care about anymore. But it was nice to hear her voice, and he listened to the sing-song notes as he drifted into a more comfortable state. 

The coolness of the evening was setting in, and he was glad to have the warmth of another body beside him. Tail gracefully placed over her back, he allowed her to lean into him, protectively looking around before settling himself. "I have no plans to go anywhere. I lost you once, and now I've found you again, and I'd like it to stay that way." As she drifted off, he turned his head upwards, the first twinkles of light appearing, and remembered the whispers on the westerly winds that used to billow through their homeland. 

Don't forget, they murmured in his ear, to look to the stars...

-
@Luvena
aaand fin ~
heart: exploded
« r »

[Image: ddjamb1-122f9879-334b-49d3-9bc8-46d9c2fb...TM43jI0AC0]
EASE MY TROUBLES, THAT'S WHAT YOU DO

Messages In This Thread
Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Galileo - 01-06-2021, 05:55 PM