Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a friend in need

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

I couldn't even begin to put into words everything I had felt the past month. It was good, a kind of good I thought I'd never feel again, it was just so much.  Rhone was... a kind man, and I had meant every bit of what I'd said to him, so all I could do was wait, until we met again. To see if he had made true on his promise, if he would try, just a little, to love me back. And then Kodarki... Galielo.  Even  thinking about it I felt tears well up in my eyes. I spent two years, grieving him, and syrilth, and Liatris and everyone else... 

And he was alive, and well, and the same kind man I had know so many years ago. The same man who had tried to train me even when we both knew it was hopeless. The same man who had helped to shelter Cavalier and I in Lyrus when we were driven away from our home. To know he was alive, and that others might be, was the greatest gift anyone could have given me. Last night, in the prairie, was the best thing I ever could have hoped for. 

We parted ways reluctantly, with a promise to visit again soon. I had intended then, to go back up to the mountains. 

I had overdone it, when I'd seen him. I should have known it then, that the rush of energy would come with a price. Should have expected it. But adrenaline masks foresight, and last night was no exception. I could feel it when I woke in the morning, but thought not much of it, thinking surely it would be kept at bay until we were back safely tucked away in the temple. Picoro had warned me too, of my warming pelt, I had ignored him though, thinking that I felt fine, just fatigued.

As we started up the foothills with  one of the monks though I felt myself beginning to tremble. "I'm sorry" I stated, stopping as the monk turned to look at me. I shook my head. "Sorry, to trouble you with a second journey, but this isn't going to happen today. I'll send word later" 

"quite alright Luvena." 

already I was hardly listening "Yara, Mithra!" I called to the girls up ahead, turning around so they would follow. I could make it as far as the lake. It was a safe place to camp out for the night, with enough water to provide an army.

We made slow progress towards the crescent shaped body of water, the sun already past its peak when we started leaving the foothills. I felt a fool for not heeding Picoros warning, though he didn't say I told you so. Instead he'd only moved from my back to Yaras, lifting some of my burden.  It did not take long for me to start falling downhill, my head beginning to thud, my body beginning to ache, hot with fever.

After what felt like hours of pushing through i could see the lake on the horizon. Mithra wasted no time bounding ahead to the water, until she disappeared through some bushes, while i dragged my hooves behind.  "we're almost there" Picoro comforted, though I wasn't much listening. 

I was hardly paying attention to where I was walking, merely watching the ground underneath my hooves. "Luvena"  I heard the sloth saying my name but I didn't look up. "Luvena!" and before I had a chance to respond I felt the front of my face hit something. I stumbled back, lifting my head, bringing on a new onset of thundering. I blinked through bleary eyes, just to see a tall man standing right where I had walked. 

"oh gods...I'm so sorry" I rasped through labored breaths. "I wasn't looking... where I was going" 

@Gareth
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-10-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-14-2021, 01:24 AM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-14-2021, 06:52 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-14-2021, 08:37 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-23-2021, 08:47 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 04:48 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-29-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-30-2021, 09:42 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 02-06-2021, 06:12 PM