Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fallen Angel's Return

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The mare tilted her head quietly, eyeing her best fried as he tried to argue of fire trumping water sometimes. She hmmmed for a moment, eyes narrowing playfully, "Water has a cycle however. When fire runs out of fuel, it dies. It disappears and once cooled and gone, it's over. Water is the opposite. Water is ever lasting. It hangs in the air. It's trapped in the ground. It is always returning, always resurfacing. Even when water might burn out of existence, when the situation allows, the water returns, a rushing force soothing away the scorching of the fire. Never doubt the perseverance of water, dear Sol. Fire is halted by might rock. With enough force and constant flowing, water will carve it's way through the rock." She retorted, before her gazes softened, "Inspire to live your life by the waves, not the flames, Sol. Even when flames weaken, when a fire dies, water stays steady and strong. Don't be a fleeting impression . . . you deserve to be a steady force in anyone's life." She could see it even now, that remaining self doubt . . . and she wanted so much more for him than that.

At his reaction to her other preference for food, Bel had to laugh, "Sol, I hunt as I swim. Usually catching the prey and eating it, fast food if you will. I'm not going to sit on my fins, waiting for a meal to quick!" She retorted, amused at his reaction, "You enjoy your disgusting grass. I'll enjoy my fish, algae, sea cucumbers plankton and seaweed." She paused, thoughtful, "Although, some of the creatures that Yukime has told me about, where my people came from, sound really yummy. I'd love to try a peeper one day . . . It's unfortunate the planet is infected and unsafe." She admitted with a soft frown.

The alien smiled at her friend's laugh - relieved to hear it, knowing it was further proof he was on the mend from his history. "I wouldn't trade Yuki for the world. She's my connection to my history, and a strong companion as well." She admitted, while Yuki slapped her tail against the surface of the water, breaking it, in acknowledgement to the compliment. Her expression twisted playful at his comments of preferring the heat. "You can keep your heat, I'll stick to my ice and snow. It's much more comfortable to me." She stated playfully, as she watched him lay down.

When he made a comment on her growing wiser, she blinked in surprise, "Have I? I suppose I haven't noticed. I'm still the same minnow among the sharks around here . . . but I guess I am learning to adapt to the land, and I'm learning a lot about myself along the way." She admitted with a soft smile "Polar . . . being alive . . . has helped as well. It's . . . made things a lot easier to see that my future is brighter too. That my past can't dictate my future." She paused faintly, "I'm still not all the way there. There is a lot of damage from the pod, but . . . it's getting better." She admitted. "So, take it from me, that time will do you a world of wonders as well." She stated with a strong emphasis, "You just have to let it."

And then his self deprecation came back. What was she going to need to do? Set him up on blind dates? 'He's tall, dark and handsome. Total fish out of water in social settings. And has a back story more tragic than Ariel when she turns into bubbles. But he's faithful and loyal! Give him a chance?' Actually, maybe that could work, not that she'd do that with out his permission. "Just because you think you don't deserve a mate, doesn't mean it is true. I do agree that now isn't the best time for you. You cannot accept that anyone else loves you until you learn to love yourself. You're my best friend, Sol, and I want to see you happy. Happy and settled. With a mate to fight for, pups to be proud of. You deserve the most in life, you just can't see it yourself yet . . . but you will. You'll get there. You'll so learn that your history doesn't define you, it just started the process to mold you.

"You proved yourself more than your history already. You are trying to do better. You are making sure your history doesn't repeat, that you are never perceived to be that male ever again. You're a whole different stallion now. And you've grown a lot just with my company. But a family could help heal the last of your wounds - if you would just let it.
" One day he would realize she wasn't the only one who could be there for him. One day he'd meet the mare who soothed the wounds not even she could reach, who could settle his mind, and his heart. And Bel prayed that day comes soon. If anyone deserved that happiness, it was her best friend.

The topic turned lighter however, and she smiled at the question, "Not too much really. Yukime and I have mostly been spending our time together. She's been teaching me about the world I come from . . . sharing secrets of my people lost to time since we left our home planet." Her eyes brightened, as she leaned towards him, eyes glinting, "For example, my people tend to run and are easily frightened now a days. Weak in the face of danger. Apparently we had lost knowledge. We used to be a warrior race, with magic that would bend the waves to our call." Her eyes gleamed with excitement, "I'm hoping to unlock that aspect again! To one day be able to claim that magic again. When I'm ready."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: She has such faith in him.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-18-2021, 05:39 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-18-2021, 06:32 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-18-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 01:28 AM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-19-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 05:21 PM