Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fallen Angel's Return

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel raised a silent eye as once more Sol appeared to have a retort to how 'impressive' fire was. She watched him, eyes playfully narrowed as he spoke on the earth not being enough to withstand the flames, before his next sentence broke the pretense and broke the mare into laughter, her stoic facade falling to pieces as easily as it usually does, "I hardly call this an argument, it's more like a test of wills. But I suppose to a brutish fire child, you wouldn't understand the finesse of the waves would you?" She teased, not about to let him have the last word.

It was proof, evidence of how different the worlds they had come from had shaped them. She had been stroked and pulled gently but constantly by the waves. Shaping her into the mare she was now. He had been changed suddenly, like a blast of flame to a once vibrant land. But like the phoenix, he was now rising from those ashes stronger than before. He proved this with his next words, and her smile brightened, widening a touch as a touch of the fangs towards the back of her jaw flashed briefly, "Ah, so there is hope for you yet then? I'm relieved." She admitted, her tone earnest even if her words were made with jest. She was glad he was starting to see his worth beyond his own past.

She tilted her head at his comment of cold fish and soggy creatures, laughing in delight, "Oh hush, we all have different diets. I promise, the idea of eating grass is as revolting to me as fish is to you. And not for the lack of trying. It's so lacking in flavor. Where is the salt? Where is the brine?" She pouted playfully.

At his next words Bel hesitated, turning her gaze towards the water, "The planet is . . . not safe. Even if we wanted to return, we couldn't. Yukime barely escaped herself. . . from the time my people bolted from the waters, it has only gotten worse." She admitted quietly, shaking her head, "It's not safe to even try to go there."

Not while that virus ran rampant. Not while it hunted from species to species. It was too dangerous. So dangerous, a green glow still caused the pod to be afraid and exile the carrier of the glow. Superstitious perhaps, but the virus was nothing to scoff at . . . and even Yukime seemed afraid of it.

Bel smiled at Yuki's movements, turning her gaze towards the stallion, "I'm lucky to have her. Yuki has been a constant companion since we bonded. I can't imagine going anywhere with out her, even if she is a little silly, and a worrier." She admitted, before thinking on the mention of Sol's heated exterior and the idea of companion, "Perhaps you just need to find another creature who thrives in the fire? Perhaps a lizard from the deserts?" She offered thoughtfully.

At the mention of her sister, Bel hesitated, "We are slowly getting along better, but it is a slow progress. There is a lot of old wounds that have been reopened by finding one another, and a lot we must work through . . . we're doing so slowly." She paused, her smile softening, "But having her here, and alive, has been nice. A relief really. I'm glad she's returned to me." She admitted quietly.

At the comment of her deserving happiness, Bel blinked for a moment before laughing and shrugging it off, "I'm happy now, Sol. Just the way I am . . . I don't need anything more yet. It's you we're worrying about now." She'd never thought about that herself. To find someone, to have a family. She had once briefly considered it with Shard when he had expressed his intentions . . . but the Pol had been sent away and that ruined any chance of them finding a way to be together and rule the pod together. And now, she couldn't . . . wouldn't return. She no longer supported the pod's way of life . . . and so, right now at least, she had so much more on her fins to worry about that romance. That, she assumed, would come at it's own time.

Or not at all . . . When one considered the hesitation others had towards her when they saw her. Kelpie. Murderer. Monster. She looked like those dangerous creatures, and she couldn't imagine anyone looking past that just yet. If ever. If she got so lucky, lovely . . . if not, then she'd at least have friends to surround herself with.

At his reaction to her thoughts of being a warrior, she had to laugh, her expression delighted by the almost horror he seemed to hold, "Remember, Sol, you're seeing me at my simplest. I'm also a predator in the oceans. I have fangs, and my hooves are sharpened to aid in traction on ice. I'm pretty sure with proper education, I could use that, as well as my strength to learn to rediscover that lost knowledge. Who knows, I might one day be a better warrior than even you. Now wouldn't that be something?"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: New goal achieved: Out battle Sol.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-18-2021, 05:39 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-18-2021, 06:32 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-18-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 01:28 AM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-19-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-20-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 04:40 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Sol Bestiam - 01-24-2021, 07:00 PM
RE: Fallen Angel's Return - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 09:32 PM