Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Open Ocean or Tsunami?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
There was still a lot of awkwardness between them. A feeling of discomfort that would ease as time passes. But Bel knew for now there was a lot of things that needed to be said between them before things would ease up. "Oh . . . I guess . . . that makes sense." Bel stated quietly, feeling horrible for bringing it up. This, this is where the difficulty was. This is where they were having issues. Bel had more knowledge of their people, their stories, and she had Yukime to fill in the gaps. . . . what did Pol have? And it was Bel's fault that she didn't have the chance to learn those.

She should have fought harder for her sister to stay with the Pod. Would things have been different if they had? Would they still be with the pod now? Would Bel have accepted Ice Shard? Be ruling the Pod as the entire collected had expected. Would Pol be mated and happy - comfortable and with out fear of the oceans? Bel did smile faintly at her sister's laughter, "We both have scars left over for what happened. I'm so sorry for the part I played in what happened. I should have tried harder . . . I was weak . . . Scared. And I should have been there for you." She had gone back for Pol, but by then Pol had already been rescued, and Bel thought her sister dead. SO much time lost. So much history missed out on. "But we'll get there. We're together now." Unspoken was a promise to not lose Pol again. She couldn't handle it if she did.

This time, she'd protect her sister.

She tilted her head at the mention of Sol, frowning softly as her eyes went wide, "Really? You think so?" She asked with wide eyes, reaching for her sister in desperation, "Oh, how should I fix that? Should I fix that? I adore Sol, don't get me wrong. But not like that! He's only a friend. My best friend yes, but nothing more! I hope I haven't encouraged that behavior!" She squeaked in worry, shaking her head quickly as if to rid herself of those thoughts.

She smiled sadly however, hearing her sister's fear of the oceans, "I guess I never had a reason to be afraid. You went through a traumatic experience with a shark . . . It's understandable to be afraid . . . but, uh, if you ever do want to go into the ocean . . . Yukime and I can take you . . . we'd be . . . happy to help you . . . If . . . if you ever want to . . . so, so just let me know?"

The idea of them getting to talk however was a relief, and when her sister admitting to not know where to start, Bel hesitated for but a moment, before she began to talk, "Momma used to call you little minnow . . . . anytime she said anything about you, she never used your name. I remember when she came running up to papa and I one morning, telling us all about how her little minnow had played in the shallows all by herself and swam after a fish for the first time." She stated quietly, her smile wistful but pained. "She was beautiful you know. A lot like you in color. You share her lavender hues. But she was darker than you were. And when it was dark out, momma glowed. She glowed this vibrant purple, so rich it looked like it was pulled from the colors that would streak across the night sky. And her eyes always sparkled. She wore her emotions on her fins, but she would always say they make her stronger." Her smile falter slightly, "Papa was so happy with her. We were all happy then . . . Losing Mama was hard on him . . . I doubt you remember the stories of how our people fall in love . . . but, it's like soulmates I believe. A true two bodies, one heart. Papa and Mama had been together since they were little . . . kinda . . . kinda like Shard and I . . . But when pushed to consider making it official, they didn't balk like I did. When Papa lost Mama, I think part of him broke. He never looked at me after that day. I don't think he was really there, with the Pod when you were abandoned, or when I left. He . . . he just wasn't . . . Wasn't the same. Like part of him had died with her . . . I can't blame him for what happened to our family. I looked into his eyes the day I left. He didn't even see me, Polar. I tried to say good bye, and he didn't realize I was there . . . ."

She shook her head, before forcing a smile, "Would you . . . would you like to hear those stories. The ones of where we come from? Where the Treaders came from? The planet we had to leave?" She offered, just for something, anything else to talk about, ignoring the fact her eyes were welled up with tears she refused to let fall.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Polar North
Notes:: Well they are getting better at least. Finally, aye?

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-18-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-21-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-24-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 02-03-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 10:38 AM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 02-09-2021, 06:11 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 02-14-2021, 01:49 PM