Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Open Ocean or Tsunami?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
There were so many thoughts running rampant.

Emotions that swirled through her heard, through her heart at this difficult conversation that just touched on some of the subjects she and her sister were owed to have together. It hadn't been an easy time - for any of them, but they were both getting stronger as time passed, and coming back together finally offered them closure they didn't know they needed. "I suppose we should be glad our fins were strong enough too swim through the wild currents. No point in focusing on the what ifs that might have happened, had things been different. We've made it through the whirlpool, and all that's left now is to rest our flukes and embrace having the steadinesss of one another to rely on." She stated gently.

She knew what-ifs were a one way ticket down a spiral.

The idea of her sister making her way down that spiral on what could have been had their lives not been put into the upheaval they had been in worried her to the core. She didn't want to imagine a world where her sister lived in a fantasy world, surrounding herself by the potential happier fantasies and letting the real world swim by her while she remained beached in a daydream. Nothing good came from those dreams, nice in passing, focus to hard and you feel as though real life is lesser in comparison.

Pol deserved happiness, not a world of daydreams.

Bel smiled at her sister's enthusiastic agree of keeping together, to not let them lose each other again. Bel's laugh was soft, twinkling as she smiled warmly, "I don't know if two make a pod, but I agree with the sentiment. We don't need others, as long as we have each other to swim with - but don't let those thoughts keep you from others. Who knows, you may find your own stallion to swim into the sunset with, after all." She teased warmly, nuzzling her little sister back, relaxing, before snorting at her sister's sassy words. She mouthed her sister's fin, gently tugging at it just behind her ears, "Hush you, such a mouth you have!" She retorted in play, "Hasn't anyone ever told you to respect your elders, hmm?" She teased back.

She couldn't help the warmth in her chest at her sister's words.

Home was where the heart was, after all, and more often than not, the heart was with those who made it beat. She just hoped that Pol had more on Novus to to beat for than just her. How was she settling into these lands? How well was she finding her way? "Well, hopefully you won't ever get lost again." She teased, nosing her sister, "I doubt you spend enough time in the ocean to learn how to be a wayfairer after all. Quick, which way is north?" She questioned in jest.

She wasn't expecting for the topic of the odd shark to come up.

Bel had to laugh, her ears perking with amusement, "I did meet him, odd fellow he was. I can imagine being able to see past his attributes for care - though. Plus, we tend to see only what we want to see, and you clearly have the drive to help others." She mused. As love was brought up - particularly the kind of love their people felt, their parents felt, Bel had not nod in understanding, "Sometimes life will point you in the right direction, just don't be blind to your own potential happiness."

But then there was Shard.

If ever there was a lasting regret, it was with the Treader that had been her best friend, her companion, and later her initial future. She had thought she had found her everything, only for her to realize his devotion to his father, to the old beliefs would always come first, and no amount of ideas would sway his opinion on what the Pod needed to do. Even she had been second best, second place, not enough. It was painful, the falling out, but if anything, Bel learned she didn't need to be second place ever again.

She deserved more than to be second in a lover's eyes.

"Don't apologize, Pol. We were young too, and I'm glad things changed the way they did. I was always going to be second to the council in Shard's eyes, and I wouldn't have been happy with that. I would have wanted an equal partnership, not a silencer if I spoke against the Council. If anyone should be apologizing, it should be Shard for letting the Council come between us. He could have come after me - he could have asked me to stay. He followed me when I left, called for me to stop. But he still refused to close the gap, refused to go any further away from the Pod, even the few short yards to reach me. You don't have to apologize for anything, Shard was responsible for his own actions."

And that was perhaps the hardest part to swallow.

She nuzzled her sister reassuringly, offering a soft smile, "Yuki is a true treasure, she's been a saving grace for me, just as I was for her. I'll tell you the stories someday, just as I'll spin you tales from our ancestors too. I'll make a proper Treader out of you yet." She teased fondly, before tilting her head at her sister and nuzzling her again, "Trying is all I expect. As long as you try, you will not fail in my eyes."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Polar North
Notes::

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-18-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-21-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-24-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM