Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - do it or don't; you'll regret both

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

The crowds in the night court had been denser then usual, with the rise of new leadership. They buzzed with gossip, about the new kings, or the old queen, about what had happened before and what would come next, and I was rather lost in it all. Even Mithra, who usually ran amuck, was glued to my side like her sister. A comfort in all truth, at least it gave me some space on either side, room to breathe, not being jostled side to side by everyone bustling about. 

I stretch my neck up over the crowd when I hear my name called through it, only to see the king of ebony and ivory headed my way. Everyone parts for him, and wordlessly they make room around us.  Not much, but enough, it seems no one wants to encroach on his space. "King Ira" I greet him with a dip of my head. 

It's still strange to be here, in the court, I'd almost avoided it before, apprehensive, about making myself part of something bigger once again. I had to stop myself from shaking my head at him. "I don't have many stores built up here yet, but, I can see what I can do"  I started to lead the way back to where I'd been staying, looking back to make sure he was following.  I stopped every so often to snatch cobwebs off of cracks or crumbles in the walls. I had some stored up - they were easy enough to find in the city - but having more could never hurt. 

Yara and Mithra ran ahead, pushing through the door before I'd even had a chance to nudge it open. It was a simple place, just a temporary room for now, rented until I decided where to settle down. Bottles and jars rested on the shelves, labelled in Herstillian rather than the common tongue. Most of them were empty, or only half filled, slim picking until I managed to get everything properly set up, hopefully before winter. 

I moved to stuff the cobwebs I'd gathered into the jar with the rest, before turning around to face Ira once more. "Now then. Lets see this gash"

@Ira

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
do it or don't; you'll regret both - by Ira - 01-20-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: do it or don't; you'll regret both - by Luvena - 01-21-2021, 10:53 PM
RE: do it or don't; you'll regret both - by Ira - 01-30-2021, 09:47 PM