Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Just in Case

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

“Forgive me if I’m simply ignorant, and haven’t done enough searching” She paused to gather her thoughts, remember the lines she’d come with. “But it seems Denocte has no plan in case in the event of disasters. At least on how medics and soldiers are to collaborate for the best outcome. If war is to break out how we are best to help, or if natural disaster strikes” 

Luvena Xiaoli was no stranger to disasters, and the strife they brought. Herstial had no plans for disaster. They had made themselves a peaceful people, one who had given no big reason for war. They traded with a few neighboring towns, and nothing more. Their doctors were around for illness, and injury caused doing daily tasks, not for battle or war. They had no true soldiers, only palace and border guards. And when Obyana struck, they had been decimated. The kingdom structures stood not a chance, centuries of history destroyed. But the people… perhaps they would not have dispersed or died so immediately. Perhaps her parents would have lived. 

In Elysium, when dragon's fire had ravaged the woods, when sloane had taken her bonded to its branches, they had suffered the losses. Sure they came back from it, recovering stronger than before. But how many had been lost to do so? They hadn’t a plan in place, healers did not gather to help those with burns, and smoke inhalation, and they had lost many to their effects. Luvena had nearly joined that statistic herself, lying in the foothills of the Lunar Mountains, Where Cavalier had found her, and stayed with her until her lungs had cleared. And long afterwards, to bear one of her children. 

“I’ve seen what the lack of a plan does to a kingdom, a herd. It is not a pleasant sight, and not one I want my people to suffer again”  She looked to Katniss, her gaze harder than usual.

@Katniss

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Just in Case - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Katniss - 01-29-2021, 10:04 AM
RE: Just in Case - by Luvena - 01-30-2021, 09:37 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Katniss - 02-14-2021, 12:55 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Luvena - 02-14-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Katniss - 04-11-2021, 11:48 AM