Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Just in Case

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Katniss watches the mare carefully, trying to figure out what she might want from her. She still thought that perhaps Kibou had spoken to her and she wished to train him in the arts of medicine. While she appreciated the desire to ask for permission, her son was growing up and he was old enough to start doing things on his own. Perhaps she was asking as a formality.

However, when she began to speak, Katniss realized just how wrong she was. Luvena was not here to discuss teaching her son about medicine. No. She was here to ask about battle plans, something Katniss should know a lot about. She nods her head as she listens quietly, knowing the mare has a point. In regimes before the current one, no one had cared or wanted to put any sort of plan in place. Over time and with experience, Katniss had realized the need was there. And so, she had drafted something to bring to Ira. Luvena couldn’t possibly no about this yet, so Katniss would go easy on her.

When she finishes, Katniss can see the passion in her eyes. She can see the way the topic has brought her great strife in the past and she knows that the mare only wishes to avoid that same fate in the future. In fact, it was quite admirable that she took it upon herself to raise the question. It showed a willingness to protect her court and Katniss admired that.

Katniss offers the mare a soft smile, hoping that she might cut some of the tension. “I too have had the same thoughts recently, though without the experiences that you have gone through.” She does not want to dismiss her past experiences, but let her know that she is serious about this issue, even if she has not gone through similar experiences. “In fact, I have drawn up a proposal to bring to Ira when I meet with him in a few days time.” The proposal was already drafted and safely kept in her small hut she lived in just outside of town. She had just been waiting for the right time to bring it up to Ira. His reign was just beginning and there was already so much for him to do. Katniss only wanted to give him a few days to collect himself before she brought this particular matter of state to him.

Katniss motions for the shade of a nearby canopy. “Come, I’d love to hear your ideas. Perhaps you have thought of things that I have not. My draft can always be amended.” The sun was out at full force and the canopy offered a bit of shade and comfort. Katniss wanted to make sure Luvena knew that she was giving her full attention to the issue at hand.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Just in Case - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Katniss - 01-29-2021, 10:04 AM
RE: Just in Case - by Luvena - 01-30-2021, 09:37 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Katniss - 02-14-2021, 12:55 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Luvena - 02-14-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: Just in Case - by Katniss - 04-11-2021, 11:48 AM