Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - break me down, build me up

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel felt the wounds stretch with every movement, a pull of torn flesh that had been ravenged so recently. The criss crossing of bandages made from braided grass however was a sharp reminder that this wasn't the ocean, and it was okay to get hurt here. It was okay to have to get treatment. But each glance at the wound on her far back limb was a sharp reminder of being too slow. Moving too slow. Not being powerful enough. Not be able to protect herself. Painful stabs through her heart that she had to trust Yuki to keep her safe. Sure the serpent had more experience in attacking, and Bel's interactions were limited to swimming away from sharks and playing chicken with octupi, but she really should have been able to do more. Protect herself more. "I'm pathetic." The word was bitterly cast, causing Yuki to clack her icicles together in protest.

Bel managed a faint smile, looking at her bonded, feeling the affection sent through their bond, "Okay, maybe bad choice of words. But I am unexperienced. This could have gone so much worse with out you there, Yuki. My leg will heal with no issues beyond new scars, but this is a significant issue to add to my list of things I need to work on. I want to make my people of the past proud. To bring Treaders back to what we were supposed to be. Warriors of the ice and waves. How can I do that when I can't even protect myself from that land-shark with fur!" She sighed softly, head dropping faintly, "I froze up when you attacked. Like a guppy caught in a shark's gaze! That moment of weakness got me wounded! It's a miracle that Denovian was there to aid me after it was over."

She didn't want to have to need a medic on hand though. She wanted to be able to protect herself. How could she hope to keep her sister safe from now own if she couldn't help herself. She moved slowly through the fields, hoping to make it to the swamp before having to take another break, knowing the water would help her as it normally did in calming her thoughts. But each step was painful, muscles pulling torn flesh, even beneath the soothing poultice and bandages, the careful work done to try and keep her in one piece. She had a feeling that spunky medic, Lu, would have her scales on a necklace if she made herself worse. Sighing she paused for a moment, lifting the affected limb and ignoring the faint scent of blood that still hoovered from the wound. The weight and pressure being removed helped, but it was a reminder she still had a way to go to get to the quiet safety of the swamp she tended to sleep in, beneath the murky waters. So far no one had seen her in this pitiful state at least . . . Something she hoped would remain the same. She knew there were still those who saw her as another version of a Kelpie, a Hippocampus. Forget the fact she had legs and lungs as well as the tail and gills. The fins could be a death sentence to those who don't recognize her. A part of her often wondered what the reaction would be if they knew she was alien too. Would that make it better? Worse? What if they knew she had sharp fangs beneath the normal ones, a mouth that opened wide like any other oceanic predator, because she ate fish while swimming under the waters? Would those who react negatively like that use this wound as a reason to chase her out? Terrastella was home at this point, but still so few of the equine here knew her. They knew of her surely, but knew her? 

She might wanna fix that when she's feeling better too, right after she makes herself stronger, more capable of course . . . Her to-do list seemed to be ever increasing these days. But at the very top was the reminder to heal before she could do much more. And with a painful twinge as she started to walk again, she wondered just how long that might take.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Rhone and Zombie
Notes::Here ya go <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 11:46 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 02-14-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 01:48 AM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-06-2021, 09:31 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 04-07-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-09-2021, 11:30 AM