Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - break me down, build me up

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone always had a kind and caring heart and it ached when he would see others suffering. He wished he was a better healer, that he could take away her pain. Even though he did not know her extremely well, she was still a member of Dusk Court and that made her family, at least in his eyes.

When Bel began to explain that she was fine, that she had been patched up by someone from Night Court, his heart skipped a beat. "Luvena…" She would have done such a thing. She was a kind soul and knew no strangers.

Upon realizing that he had said her name out loud, he looked at her with a soft smile, trying not to draw too much attention. Luvena was not his to call anymore. She would always be his friend and he would always care for her deeply, but they were not an item…at least not anymore.

His attention was pulled back to her when she said that it was her own fault for getting injured. He cocked his head, looking at her curiously. "How so? I don’t think anyone intentionally hurts themselves…" At least most people didn’t. Those who did needed help and not in the physical sense. They were not themselves, letting their mental toughness dissipate. He did not think that was the case with Bel.

At her invitation to follow her back towards the swamp, he nodded his head softly. "Aye, I would feel better knowing that you got home safely." He could smell the metallic taste of blood in the air and no doubt predators could do. He would do his best to insure she made it home safe. After all, he would most certainly blame himself if she perished or got more injured on her trek home and he had done nothing to prevent it. "You’re more than welcome to share my hit tonight. I can help tend to your wounds in the morning and at least keep you safe form predators." He doubted that she would actually accept his invitation, but it made him feel better to at least offer it.

As they walked in silence, he could see the way she hobbled along, the way her muscles ached and her body grew more tired of keeping up with the façade she was putting on. But it was her question that distracted him, if only for a moment. He shook his head. "I’m afraid I don’t know any personally. I heard the Champion of Battle in Denocte is quite skilled." He’d seen the tall silver black mare before and she looked just as intimidating as she was tall. Her body was riddled with scars but she seemed to have a nice demeanor. "…but while I am no soldier now, I did fight a fair few battles in my prime. I can certainly give you some pointers once you’re feeling more up to it if you want." He offered her a genuine smile, hoping that if she did not want to travel to Denocte to get her lessons, then maybe she would allow him to share his wisdom.

@Below Zero

Messages In This Thread
break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 11:46 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 02-14-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 01:48 AM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-06-2021, 09:31 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 04-07-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-09-2021, 11:30 AM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 07-12-2021, 11:39 PM