Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - break me down, build me up

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel may have been hurting, definitely, but the Treader mare considered it to be pain well worn. Getting hurt was a privilege now, an obscure blessing many wouldn't understand unless they were aware of where she had originated from. The curse a wound inflicted upon the pod. If it didn't heal fast enough, if it bled in the water, it was too dangerous to the safety of the pod - and the pod must be protected at all costs. A wound back home was a death sentence; here, this one: it proved she was still alive.

She was however quick to ensure the other of her health, explaining she had already been patched up by one of another Court. She hadn't expected him to name the mare who had helped her however, and she blinked in surprise, before noting the tone he'd whispered the name in. She chose not to comment, however, sensing a hard story she was familiar enough with her and Shard split to respect his privacy. It didn't stop her muzzle from pulling into a frown, nor did it keep her from watching him with concern.

But she graciously allowed a topic change, admitting in her own fault towards being wounded. His curiosity was evident in his gaze, and she couldn't help but smile sheepishly when he'd questioned it, "I, uh, kinda forgot that my companion is . . . Well, quite the predator herself. I was sprung upon by a couple of fur coated landsharks, uhm . . . Wolves I think? Yukime had been on my back, like now, when they'd first attacked, and when she jumped off to defend me, I made the mistake of being distracted, concerned for her. The horrid little creature managed to latch onto me. I was all fins and no coordination for a moment, but managed to eventually smack it away with my fluke. But if I had trusted Yuki, hadn't been distracted, it wouldn't have happened. I'm just glad the wound wasn't worse."

She frowned at that though, if it had been deeper, had penetrated the blubber, or into the muscles beneath. Her blubber was intact and would allow it to heal faster in that fact, "Had it been deeper, I doubt any medic would have been familiar enough with marine mammals to help. I'd rather not risk permanent problems over huge tearing in my blubber layer that wasn't allowed to heal just right." She explained, a slight laugh and an awkward shrug of her shoulders, "Being a marine mammal can be odd enough for others, but the extra odds and ends of my species likely made more sense on the home plant than this one. I'm sure, deep down, I'd be a bit of a medical mystery for anyone to heal."

She did feel slightly surprised when he took her up on her offer to follow her home, having expected him to shrug it off once she'd assured she was mostly alright. From her back Yukime still regarded the stallion skeptically, suspicious of his help, the help of a stranger (even if he wasn't a stranger to Bel). The mare in question however smiled gratefully, "Thank you, for showing compassion and going out of your way like this for me. I don't want to be a bother though - if you do have somewhere to be, don't feel responsible to walk me all the way there." She offered, before being more than just a touch surprised at his next offer, though it was Yuki who clanked her ice crystals in offense at the unintentional slight of not being able to protect her bonded mare, "Peace, Yuki, he's just being nice, he didn't mean you were incapable." She quickly soothed the agitated ice serpent.

Her gaze turned towards Rhone, even as she quickly shook her head, "OH, I really couldn't impose on you like that! I'm sure I'll figure something out for where to sleep, since I've been told no diving." She then paused, a frown briefly flirting with her features before being chased away, "Though perhaps I should figure out how others sleep on land . . . I've always slept underwater . . . But, anyways, I'll be fine! I'll figure something out! I really don't want to be a bother too you!" Earnest worry plagued her face at the idea of making his own night troublesome just because she had gotten herself hurt.

The walk from then was more silent, even as she gave up the pretense of being okay, favoring the wounded limb more now that the adrenaline rush was gone and the dull pain more consistent. Her question for training was for information just as it was for her to take her mind of the pain and focus on conversation. When he told her of the Champion of Battle in Denocte, she nodded, grateful for the information, "My sister lives in Denocte, I'll have to see if she can arrange an introduction." If that failed, maybe Luvena could help pave that roar. His 'but had Bel's attention returning as Rhone offered assistance to her again, and she smiled. This is why she loved Terrastella, for the compassion for each other in the herd. It truly was a family, " Would you really? That would be amazing! Even a few tips and pointers would be a great place to start! It's barnacles of my back if I could get help and guidance here at home too. Thank you so much!" Besides, perhaps having a few different teachers would help even more, balance out the knowledge, fill any gaps: round out her training. But, this was a start at least.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Rhone and Zombie
Notes:: apologies if there's any grammar issues. Posting from my phone lol

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 11:46 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 02-14-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 01:48 AM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-06-2021, 09:31 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 04-07-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-09-2021, 11:30 AM