Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - forget me not [party]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 23 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,115
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  12 [Year 499 Summer]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

N E F E R T A R I

It was still early in the festivities, the sun had crested in the sky and the food and drink were abundant. Nefertari had indulged a little here and there, debating on the benefits of consuming more than a few sun cakes. There were still plenty of hours ahead and the feast tables would be at anyone’s disposal until midnight at least, she had time to decide. So far she had shared pleasantries with several of the lesser celebrated noble denizens of the Solterran court. She’d done all the right things, asking after children and grandchildren and in general putting forth all the proper social graces. She’d done her due diligence in that regard, and after all, it was beneficial to get all those pesky things out of the way. 

Presently, the mare found her pistons taking her away from the rows of rich goodies, and with it a reprieve from the fanciful equines who would still ask she be quite lady-like so early in the day. She had to laugh at them, for she knew that each who would ask her such a thing had likely thrown back one if not two delectable drinks before she’d even gotten to say hello. That was one thing she was coming to find delightful about this solar celebration- the liquors flowed as freely as any water could, and she could mingle with any whom she so chose to.

While it was true she often drifted back to the posh and woefully detached, for they were always the most charmed by her sweet smiles and gentle ways, she found it refreshing to seek company among the other denizens of the Day Court. With the streets brimming with good spirits both internally and externally, there would be no greater time to indulge her fancies. 

The mare found herself wandering towards the further reaches of the on-goings, a bar set apart from the throngs, but still very much available. There were smatterings of other bodies, all engaged in their own circles, save for a single stallion with drink in hand. 

She considered him a moment, the make of his coat and the muscles underneath, his general brooding demeanor. He seemed about as comfortable at the bar as any other presumed soldier she had met, though his eyes held something more jaded. The polished army boys she had encountered in the glittering halls of Solterran ballrooms had never truly seen the horrors of war, and it showed on their fresh faces and in their naïve words. This gentleman knew them, though. Inside and out, she suspected. 

Nefertari ordered herself the first drink of the day and as she did so, came within his personal space, something to push his boundaries; for the excitement of it, she supposed. His words rang in her erect audits, slurred with drink and sarcasm. ”Sure a girl like you can hold a strong drink like that?”

She turned to look at him fully and she gave an expression akin to arching a languid brow. Bright golden pools  caught his eye as she swirled a deep amber liquid in the glass given to her. She had chosen to pass up the festival specific cocktails, at least for now. Then, with the practiced motion of a woman who had spent many nights with men just as challenging and bitter, she tossed back the whiskey, draining the glass swiftly. The empty crystal made a harsh sound as it connected with the bartop, her tone honeyed as she spoke her reply.

“Clearly better than you can.”

"Speech"
| @Galileo |
notes

Messages In This Thread
forget me not [party] - by Galileo - 01-27-2021, 05:39 PM
RE: forget me not [party] - by Nefertari - 01-30-2021, 07:58 PM
RE: forget me not [party] - by Galileo - 02-01-2021, 04:42 PM
RE: forget me not [party] - by Nefertari - 02-06-2021, 05:36 PM
RE: forget me not [party] - by Galileo - 02-16-2021, 12:12 PM