Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Too Easily Broken

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Tatrahis [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 4
Signos: 110
Inactive Character

Lovis

I am made of
Memories

He clamped his mouth shut whenever she called him friend. Already he forgot what his next words were to have been. He was not doltish. He was aware that she would have said it no matter who had stood in his place. But still his loneliness clutched at it. His loneliness covered his ears to the voice of reason. His loneliness repeated the word quietly. Over and over. Friend.

"The only fault of the soil that I have found, is that I stand upon it." Her words had sweetened his bitterness. As he spoke his voice lost its cutting edge. He was thankful for it. She was bright. Inquisitive. She stood before him without dithering. Lovis wanted to stand before her as himself. As she stood before him. He wanted to be the man he thought almost lost to himself. Not as a brute with gnashing teeth.

From his grasp time had pried loose and taken more than Lovis could recount, in the moment he desperately wanted to dredge forth a truer version of himself. He needed to know if it was a man that still existed. He needed to know that he had not been taken too.

"My dear," his eyes lit with the mirth of a jest that she would not understand, "I shall rest once I am dead." Jade eyes danced with inner laughter. How different Lovis was whenever his ghosts were dispelled by the amity of flesh. "However, company to pass the time would be a gift most welcome." The laughter quieted in his eyes and his chest tightened. Years without count awaited his coming. The touch of time was cold. How he wished for a warm hand to brush away time's toll.

Normally he would have never asked someone to stay. To do so would risk forming attachment, something he was entirely too apt to do if given half a chance; but he was far from Delumine. What were the chances that they would cross paths again? Softly, oh so softly, he walked closer; his eyes searching for her acceptance.

Ameameridian

Messages In This Thread
Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 01-29-2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Cerridwen - 02-02-2021, 08:24 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 02-02-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Cerridwen - 02-05-2021, 04:13 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 02-15-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Cerridwen - 02-19-2021, 03:24 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 03-29-2021, 08:35 PM