Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Too Easily Broken

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Eris [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 2
Signos: 265
Inactive Character

There is a gentleness found in iron fists and a cruelty sleeping in soft words

He softened before her like so much melting snow, the mantle of rage he had been clinging so ferociously to slipping from the stallion’s shoulders. Only after he had clamped lips shut and the shutters within his eyes creaked open ever so slightly, did Cerridwen see what she interpreted as a level of vulnerability — a tenuous offering of trust. Her crowned head tilted to one side, an unconscious show of her concern, as her leonine tail waved worriedly in the air behind the two. Aching as the mare was to reach out and lay that tail over the male’s furred shoulders, so too was she aware of the tension he held there. 

The amethyst healer’s primary shows of affection and comfort may have been via physical touch, but that did not mean that her attempts would be welcome. Instead, she waited patiently for his response,  only half noting the dipping of the sun; for Cerri’s counterpart did not make her wait long, no, his pleasantly husky voice dipped into and filled the space between the pair with a painful sort of honesty. Lilac stained lips parted in a silent gasp, as if he had wounded her with his own painful admission. 

She would have protested then, railed against his resentment of self, if only he had not continued to speak, dark laughter dancing behind a jade green gaze. “My dear, I shall rest once I am dead.” He moved closer, feathered legs parting the thin fingers of grass as those springtime eyes searched hers for an answer she did not know to give — for what question had been asked? Dipping her head lower, Cerridwen attempted to brush her new friend’s forehead with the velvet of her nose in a proper greeting.

”I am glad to share your company, sir. Though,” She paused, her expression somewhere between wry and sincere, ”I would rather you remain on this side of the dirt for the time being, however loath you may be to stand upon it. I am Cerridwen, and very grateful to meet you.” Motioning toward the undulating horizon with her ivory tufted tail, the Fae smiled faintly, ”Would you like to walk while we pass the time?”

cerridwen

"speech"

table by karma, art by Chillsins on dA

@Lovis you play him beautifully<33 im not sure why, but Cerri Is feeling so choppy recently. Hope she reads alright!

Messages In This Thread
Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 01-29-2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Cerridwen - 02-02-2021, 08:24 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 02-02-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Cerridwen - 02-05-2021, 04:13 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 02-15-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Cerridwen - 02-19-2021, 03:24 AM
RE: Too Easily Broken - by Lovis - 03-29-2021, 08:35 PM