Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - stay close, reverend

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Karma [PM] Posts: 53 — Threads: 11
Signos: 760
Day Court Warden
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  19.2 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 14  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Kerauno (Blue Swallow)

galileo;
The beer to his lips was refreshing, just as his reunion with Tristan had been. This was a stallion he had allowed himself to be close to, in a sense -- they shared the same principles, had seen the same horrendous things (Tristan more so, he had no doubts). It took a lot for Galileo to be impressed, but this horse had never failed to let him down. Seeing him was nostalgic more than anything, but in a good way, for once. 

As their gazes met, Tristan's wizened pools blinking up at him in the darkness, he let out a chuckle. It was at the silliness of the situation, to be here in such a place and to run into each other. He was a ghost from a past life, and he shook his head, still in disbelief.

The stallion called him general, and he paused momentarily, for he had not been called that in a long time. But to hear it from the chestnut equine's lip did not affect him as others had done, using the term. Plus, he was pretty sure the tavern was full of drunkards and fools (present company excluded), and not spies preparing to drag his sorry ass back to Creygaul.

Nodding softly along as he spoke, a grin played across his soft maw. The hints of an accent, tamed down to hide his identity, came crawling out as he relaxed. "So this was the country you so talked about, hmm? Well, it's certainly something. Sorry I forgot -- my mind isn't what it used to, as I'm sure yours is the same." The stallion teased his old friend. "I suppose what I meant to ask, is why are you back? What calls you to these parts, other than your past? A special someone, perhaps...?"

Drinking more alcohol loosened the stallion's tongue. "Why am I here? Now that is a long story... and one that doesn't really have an end, as of yet." With a shrug, he glanced around the room again. "Running away from things has become something I'm rather good at, believe it or not."

In the shadows, he eventually noticed a obsidian wyvern peering up at him. "Merlin!" He exclaimed cheerfully. "Glad you're still around. Keeping the old man in check, I should hope?" He laughed.

A sombre moment hits him as he remembers the occasion for Tristan and his own meeting. "We've come a long way since the days we would drink and laugh in the taverns of Creygaul, haven't we?"

-
@Tristan

- nobody can tame your soul, wild one -

table by karma, art be mase#5977

[Image: ddjamb1-122f9879-334b-49d3-9bc8-46d9c2fb...TM43jI0AC0]
EASE MY TROUBLES, THAT'S WHAT YOU DO

Messages In This Thread
stay close, reverend - by Tristan - 01-30-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: stay close, reverend - by Galileo - 02-01-2021, 03:54 PM
RE: stay close, reverend - by Tristan - 02-04-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: stay close, reverend - by Galileo - 02-07-2021, 11:04 AM