Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The moon speaks

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
She listened with fond ears. Her heart tugged towards the mare's words, and away from them all at once.  In another time, Cerridwen's words would have been the ones she herself was speaking. Like clockwork the words seemed to drift away, left with no answer. In truth it seemed no one had the answer to such questions. Their meanings left to drift on the wind, until eternity eroded their edges, and left them as dust to linger with the stars.

She laughed at the mare's groan, a gentle sound that wandered across the lake. “Believe me I’m no fan either” Luvena replied. “Though I’m not sure I’d rather swelter under the sun either” she thought back to her time in the Red Waste, and how the sun there had brought nothing but fever and illness. There was a screaming lack of irony to wasting away in the waste, one she knew all too well.
She nodded along with the woman’s words. They echoed all to true for her as well. And then there was that laugh from her own mouth again. “No” she replied gingerly. “My heritage has long since been forgotten by anyone who matters” She wondered if the other kingdoms even remembered Herstial now. Leuadia, and Demurine, and Siropal… all the sister kingdoms of Idolara, with Herstial at its center. Yet it was the self-made outcast of the land. Most of the survivors had probably cast the thought behind them, melded into the shadows of their new homes… “I’ve wandered many a years beneath the stars, looking to them. Settling for a time and then moving on again. But I’ve at least settled in Denocte for now. The moon is…” she wasn’t sure what she meant to say. Peaceful wasn’t quite it… comforting perhaps? “Ever-changing” she finally settled.  

“Truthfully I’m not sure anywhere will ever feel right…” she lingered on those words for a moment. Not sure if they were advice for Cerridwen oir for herself. “I think it’s more those around you who would impart such a feeling” 

@Cerridwen
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Messages In This Thread
The moon speaks - by Cerridwen - 02-05-2021, 05:31 AM
RE: The moon speaks - by Luvena - 02-14-2021, 06:15 PM