Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Turn thee, Benvolio! Look upon my Death *faints*

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

Characteristically, the cat just stared at the other stallion, disinterest and boredom splashed across its face. Liam was deeply amused, and he found this specific stallion to be wholly entertaining and just as wholesome as a foal would be. Mentally, Liam wondered if the other, unknown stallion had ever matured past foalhood, if he'd ever grown up. It was possible that he hadn't, but Liam couldn't judge; he'd known another horse that was much the same. Anthony had been frustrating, and while he and Liam didn't always see eye-to-eye, their bond was strong, especially after everything that had happened between them and the team that they both led in the military. It was strange, Liam thought, that he'd found someone who reminded him of the stallion he'd watch grow up.

The laugh that broke the silence in the air made him chuckle in return.

The face that greeted his own had a smile on it, and Liam simply beamed back. It was nice, this silent amusement that the two of them shared. The wings on the man that was colored the same as dried blood were impressive, something that Liam never got used to seeing. The horns on the man's forehead were just as impressive, if not imposing. The garnet that was inlaid on the stallion's forehead gleamed, and Liam found himself wondering what the purpose of the gem was. Slightly smaller than his own frame, the other stallion was tall and lanky, something that Liam had found even more familiar as it reminded him of Natalie, and her ferocious friendship that he found himself missing. The blood-colored stallion spoke, breaking Liam out of his reverie and he found himself grinning again.

"Ah, the rats I'm used to are just skinny things. Never threatening," he responds, brows quirking up at the thought of seeing a rat that big. He wasn't entirely sure what he'd do if he saw one. It was clear to the copper-wrapped stallion that the man in front of him truly was a child in a man's body, but that didn't deter his good mood, nor did it deter him from wanting to be friends with the other stallion. It was good to have humor in one's life. Curiosity cloaked his face as he watched the stallion stare wistfully out a nearby window, the very epitome of how a widow would stare out the window, waiting for her long-deceased lover to come home from the war. "Truly, it is. It's also a tragedy to think that you have beauty, only to find out that you never did. Or to have it, but to never find someone for who your beauty unfolds for," Liam replied, his voice sobering up from the amused tone it'd held previously. Part of him was serious; it was devastating to have the beauty but to live your life all alone.

For a few more faux-heartbroken moments, Liam stared at the stallion, only to grin when the other man did, his chortle filling their space warmly. "I'm Liam. It's nice to meet you, Raglan. The sunshine is nice; it'd be better if it was slightly warmer. I fear that the season's change is coming upon us," he commented, voice sobering up again as he regards the outside world with distaste. Liam loathed the cold; it wrapped its inky, frozen fingertips around him, threatening to take him under its icy surface at any given moment.

Hopefully Raglan wouldn't notice the way Liam's mood soured slightly, and would just chalk it up to shyness or the awkwardness that came with meeting new people.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Again, I'm the world's worst person ever
Tag;; @Raglan
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 597

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turn thee, Benvolio! Look upon my Death *faints* - by Liam - 07-16-2021, 02:55 PM