Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Dont Know Who I am, At All.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
“I know. Your hooves fall loud enough on cobblestones to hear a mile away” Luvena tried to push the words out with a laugh. Trying to fill the empty space that lingered around the quarters. To hide the rasp that lingered behind her words.  It didn’t last though, he was quick to question her.

She should have known he would see right through her. He almost always did, no matter the situation. Even when he had been training her, he was always the one who knew she was at her limit before she herself did. He always seemed to turn up at the right time. Just when the world was falling apart, Galileo Kodarki was there holding it up with those outrageous antlers of his. 

It wasn’t that she resented him for it, quite the opposite. She only wished she seemed to be able to turn up at the right time for him as well. She used to be able to do that, turn up at the right moment. Lately though the reverse seemed true.The winds seemed to sour where she walked, calamity waltzing behind her.  Perhaps Vega’s gift had only brought with it this penalty, this weight upon her shoulders.

‘Nothing’ she thought about replying. ‘Mithra knocked me over that’s all. You worry too much’. But she had never been able to lie to kodarki, and even if she could, he seemed to be able to hear through lies as easily as breathing. Or perhaps Luvena was just a bad liar. Her mother had always told her so at least.

She followed his gaze briefly to the bandages around her legs. Picoro seemed almost relieved by the commanding tone in the soldier's voice. There were few people Luvena listened to, and the past few days, the sloth was not one of them.  “It’s not for you to worry about” Luvena finally murmured, still waiting for the feverfew to do its job. “I did something foolish. You’d be furious with me if I told you.” normally her words would have been spirited. Now they fell flat. 

She truly believed it. She had known better than to go off climbing peaks on her own. She had known better than to run her mouth like some silly yearling who had lost at a game. He probably would have told her so beforehand. She didn’t dare to reach out to touch him as a reassurance. He’d only feel the warmth under her skin and worry more.  

She did however venture to meet his gaze again. “Why are you here? You seemed like you had something to say.” she was dancing around the matter at hand and she was sure they both knew it. She could practically feel Picoros eyes rolling.

@Galileo
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Messages In This Thread
Dont Know Who I am, At All. - by Luvena - 02-07-2021, 11:57 AM
RE: Dont Know Who I am, At All. - by Galileo - 05-15-2021, 01:41 PM