Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Through the fire and the flames (Festival?)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

She heard Israfel’s first words the way you’d hear an echo on the wind, soft and distant, registering only as a brief disturbance in the world, not enough to distract one from whatever else they were doing. Mithra was the first to greet the woman, winding around her legs, more cat-like than dog.  Yara dutifully stood by her side, though her tail wagged at the sight of company. 

Luvena jumped at the touch, lifted slightly from her daze, she finally pulled her gaze away from the fire, though the flames still seemed to flicker behind her eyes. She shuddered again, realizing now just how cold it was out in the autumn night. “Isra” she replied quietly, her voice still faraway, as she turned her head back towards the court, fearful that if she looked away for too long the flames would jump their way. “Sorry I…” she trailed off, unsure of how to finish the sentence she’d started ‘Sorry I was consumed by the thought of being burned alive’ didn’t seem to cut it as a greeting

“I thought you’d be joining the festivities…” she murmured instead, glancing again briefly at the sun spangled woman. The golden gilded feathers that Luvena knew could be lit in a heartbeat, though she had never seen it herself. But she knew a phoenix when she saw one, flames or no. And they rarely flocked to those who didn’t share their affinity for the heat. “Though I’ll admit I’m… glad to have some company”

Even so her heart fluttered in her chest every time she saw the flames dance just a hair faster, burn a touch brighter. “How are you finding Denocte?” she asked, attempting to pull her thoughts away from the blaze, though the words came out hollow.

@Israfel
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Through the fire and the flames (Festival?) - by Luvena - 04-04-2021, 11:12 AM