Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

The news had come on wings of eagles. Elena had gone before he could really get to know the woman. At least with Asterion and Marisol, he had gotten to know them, offering them his years of wisdom. But it seemed all was lost with Elena and it saddened the bay stallion. He stood near the tops of the cliffs, standing next to the tree he had grown from a seedling. It clung almost unnaturally to the limestone ruck, a testament to just how much love and magic had gone into it. But Rhone is not saddened as he looks out over the horizon. He is filled with hope.

He had once told himself his days of leading were over, that he was no longer young and as alive as he had once been. But Luvena had shown him that he was meant to lead, that he could not just stand back and watch others lead the way (albeit unsuccessfully). He loved Dusk Court with all that was in him and it was this fact that brought him from the peaceful cliff side to the gathering of faces.

He can see his Goddess, someone he admits he wondered was real. But she is beautiful and radiant and he was all he imagined she would be. And she is calling towards them, asking them to guide Dusk into something great. He watches silently as Jude, Liam, Atlas, and Below Zero all step forward. He’s met some of them, but he knows he has so many more to meet. While they are all qualified, Rhone cannot help the tugging at his heart. Vespera is calling to him, as if she is looking deep into his soul. He looks to her, his eyes searching.

Slowly he takes a step forward, guiding him towards the center of the crowd. They part like a wave for him, eyes slowly looking to him, eager to listen to what he has to say. "I have been a faithful servant from the moment I arrived here in Novus and to Dusk. I have never faltered. I have advised Asterion, Marisol, and Elena. My wisdom and age has made me a successful Champion of Wisdom. But while I don’t feel grand enough for such an honor to be called Sovereign, I feel like it is meant for me. I love this court and all those who dwell in it with all my heart. I want to lead this court with love and justice, not tyranny and fear. I want to see Dusk great again." He smiles at her as he slowly turns to look out at those who have gathered. "Would you see me as worthy?" Always humble, Rhone does not see himself as a great leader, but only someone who wants to inspire change. He is his own worst critic and yet somehow, Dusk knows how much they mean to him. He would give his life for this court and for them without thought or hesitation. Perhaps this was what he was supposed to do with the rest of the life he had been given.

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Zombie (see what I did there?) Some people call me Zoms or ZomZom.

Great! How old are you?
33 yrs young on April 18th ;)

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Yes. Over the 18 or so years I’ve been RPing, I’ve held 4 leading positions all by different characters  across different games (Rhone has lead 2 of them). I also successfully ran an RPG for a little over a year so I understand what goes into leading both IC and OOC.

I really enjoyed being able to get to know a majority of the players and characters that my characters interacted with. I thought it gave my characters a good overall knowledge about their subjects which ultimately helps them make better decisions on how to run their kingdom/court. How can one lead a people they know nothing about? Not only was I able to get to know a lot of the characters and players that I might not normally interact with, but it offered my character a lot of opportunity for personal growth! Person growth is an integral part of any character and having a position of power opened up more doors to do just that!

Some of the cons of holding any position of power is that it is time consuming. It can take away from time developing your other characters (should you have more than one). It takes time and dedication to keep momentum with all your other characters in addition to balancing the role of leader. Overall, I feel as though I can overcome these difficulties and be successful.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Of course! I believe that I have the time, dedication, and will to be a successful sovereign.

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
Novus will always hold a special place in my heart. It was my first myBB game I ever played and each day I log in to post, Novus continues to remind me what a great choice it was to finally join my first forum-type game (instead of the b2g style sites). Each day, I am constantly in awe of all the creative people that can be found in every corner of Novus. Everyone is unique and different both OOC and IC and it creates a beautiful blend of players and characters. No matter why you came to Novus, there’s something for everyone! You want a romance, there are plenty! You want to battle your way to power, there’s that too! You want to post with every player on the game? Start now!

Not only are the possibilities endless, but Novus does a great job of walking that fine line between how much power is too much (which makes the newer players feel lesser or bullied) and offering limitations to keep things more life-like. I love that you have to want to make your character great, it doesn’t happen just because you know people or you can buy your way to power. I love that you actually have to put in the work to be whatever you want to be on Novus! It’s freedom in a unique and special sense.

But not only all of this, but it makes me excited to see what will happen over the next month, year, etc. Novus is a fluid game and lots of things change. The constant SWP or IC Events thrown by all the courts keep things new and fresh and stop Novus from becoming stagnant. I love that. I’m very excited to hopefully get a chance to be a part of that change…for the better I hope!

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead the Court?
Rhone is no secret to leadership. He was born because his mother had the gift of foresight and she saw him leading his father’s stallion bans. Once he was old enough, he joined his father’s herd and began to learn how to rule. His whole life was dedication to leadership and it was there that he learned leadership skills. He was taught to be a great warrior, a diplomat, as well as an impartial judge and jury. All these skills made him great and he intends to use them all to help guide Dusk Court into a new era.

But perhaps what makes him best equipped in his capacity to love. It was love that drove him away from his father’s band of stallions. He fell in love with a mare and joined her in another kingdom. It proved fruitful in more ways than just extending his bloodline. It opened the door for him to rule another herd and he did so successfully until the game ultimately closed down.

Perhaps it is his tendency to love that also hinders him. He was young when he was last a ruler and now, he’s realized that despite his capacity to love, he knows you cannot divide your desires. He did that and lost so much. Now he plans to devote all of his energy to ruling Dusk Court. While he doesn’t enter the role with a lover, he still loves each and every member who calls him Sovereign. That sort of love cannot be explained or duplicated but it makes him a better man. He can empathize with his subjects and know what will be best for them.

In short, he embodies all that Vespera is. Kindness, in his ability to make a friend wherever he goes. Modesty, because he prefers even the simplest of items and not extravagance. Just, because he tries to be loyal and fair. He is not one to rule with an iron fist nor is he one that will say whatever is necessary to get votes. He will always put Terrastella first, even if it can sometimes be the tough decision.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
Rhone wants to see the court thrive. Because it is made up of mostly medics, he wants to forge alliances to strengthen numbers. He wants to hold a Novus’ wide health festival where others can learn about medicinal plants, basic first aid, and how to save a life. He also wants to hold festivals each season that embody Vespera’s ideals. Winter is all about family and friends. Spring about new life (foals as well as new flora and fauna) and he wants to hold a gathering to welcome new life. Summer is about fun together and he wants to do some sort of summer-themed festival or event. Fall is all about giving thanks in the sense that it’s more a religious gathering when Dusk citizens can offer Vespera thanks for their lives and all that she provides.

Rhone is also more than willing to listen to his subjects and see what they want to do. If they want to have a weenie roast, he’s down! If they want to build a giant bonfire, great! If they just want to stand together and listen to stories from other realms, he’s okay with that to! He’d even be willing to hold a tournament with games and skills to suite everyone.

Now, everyone can suggest games or activities they want to hold, but it’s so important for Rhone to get to know each and every member. He expects a thread with each individual so he can get to know them on a personal level. He wants to know them so he can do right by them. He wants to bring Dusk together, not pull it apart. In order to do that, he needs to know everyone other than just by a name or a face.

Finally, he wants to know all the sovereigns for the same reason. He wants to know if Dusk should be fearful or if they can lend a friendly hand in greeting. He wants to know where others stand and he wants them to know where Dusk stands too.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Despite what happens, each and every one of you (players and characters) have been a blessing to get to know and thread with. I hope to continue threading with you all after voting ceases because Rhone isn’t going anywhere! He’s been more behinds the scenes offering advise to all the sovereigns that came before him and he will continue to do the same heading forward. Be your best self and live your best life!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Atlas - 04-04-2021, 09:20 PM
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Rhone - 04-05-2021, 06:38 PM