Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we both know i'm not what you need

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

There’s a part of him that knows he should have tried harder, that he should have given her his everything. And yet, there’s something that doesn’t sit well with him. She wants him to love her fiercely but he knows he can’t give her that. He’s torn between wanting to love again and being scared to love again. It’s not fair to her and he knows it, he can only hope that she will understand.

It’s been a week since their date, a week since they sat awkwardly trying to come up with things to talk about. It’s been a week since she called him on his bullshit and he didn’t have the words to say. At the time, he didn’t understand his own feelings, but he does now. He knows he was never truly invested in a relationship and she knew it before he did.

Slowly he walks along the shore of the lake, his eyes looking out for her. He doesn’t really want to trek up into the mountains, so he hopes that she has come down in a moment of peace for herself. And then he sees her. She’s standing there, looking out over the water with the moonlight light cascading over her. She is beautiful in this moment and he hates that he’s about to break her heart.

He steps closer to her, a soft whicker of greeting leaving lips. He doesn’t call out to her, but he hopes she at least knows the sound of his voice. He waits until she recognizes him before he steps closer to her, coming to stand beside her.

He’s silent a moment, trying to formulate the words in his head, words that won’t cause her too much pain. "Good evening Luvena." He slowly turns to look at her, the deepness of his brown eyes searching hers. Without realizing it, a bright pink hibiscus flower blooms into her mane. It weaves it’s way between each strand, latching on unnaturally and never letting go.

This is the moment he needs to break the news. "I trust you’ve heard that Elena has stepped down…" It’s a pitiful way to start the conversation, but in its own way, it’s telling about where his head is at. The last time he was forced to choose between love or his kingdom, he tried to choose both and it had failed. He was pledged to Terrastella and he could not turn his back on her. He hoped she might understand.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 04-06-2021, 02:34 PM
RE: we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 04-08-2021, 05:27 PM
RE: we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 05-11-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: we both know i'm not what you need - by Rhone - 06-07-2021, 11:58 AM