Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Portal IC Event  - Looming Shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

The military-like poise that he carried was something that he automatically adopted these days. It was like second nature; he'd realized that people responded differently if he carried himself this way rather than any other way. It was an odd sensation, not carrying himself in his normal manner. He'd started practicing around the time he was six months old, having heard story after story from his mother about what his father was like, and how Maverick had been the military hero that he'd been. It was here that Liam decided to enter the military - outside of strongly disliking bullies - and it completely changed his life. Not only that, but it saved his life, too.

"You've been sick for 11 years now? Luvena, have you been seen by physicians?" Liam inquired, worry creeping into his voice as he spoke, ears flattening back against his head again. "I know that you don't like pity, but this isn't that," he quickly points out, frowning gently. "Instead, this is me worrying about you, hoping that you're okay, wanting to know that you're okay. I'd really like to not hear that my new friend has gone to Valhalla," he finished, nostrils flaring as he sighed gently. He figured that this would upset the mare, but how could he help himself? Liam's mother raised him to be compassionate and he was nothing if not that very thing. Hell, he'd been known to give up his blanket in the dead of winter to another in the middle of a war so that they wouldn't freeze to death.

The copper-burnished stallion's attention was on the sloth for a long moment, his ear quirking toward Luvena at her slight huff. Strange, he thought to himself, watching the sloth for a few more moments before looking at Luvena. There was animosity between the two of them, and it was icy, cold, a feeling that he was all too familiar with.

There seemed to be a sense of bitterness to Luvena's words, and Liam's heart panged deeply for the small mare. He knew all too well what she meant, the pain she was feeling about being unable to go very far. It was a hard fact to swallow, and he felt bad for practically trying to force her to go back to Novus. Awkwardly, he lowered his head a little and stared at his forelegs as he shifted his weight on his front hooves. When he did speak, his voice was a strangled mess of memories. "I know all too well what you mean, Miss Luvena," he carefully points out, lifting his head a little to gaze at the mare. "I was once like you. Small, sickly, outwardly frail-looking. But the insides didn't match the outsides. Tough as nails, spitting mad whenever a bully struck, refusing to give up even when the situation looked bleak. Maybe I don't know your exact situation, but I do understand where you're coming from and what you mean," Liam replied, inhaling shakily as he looked away from Luvena. It was the first time that he'd ever opened up to anyone about his past outside of Bucky. It was a strange feeling. He wasn't sure that he liked it.

The cough broke the momentary silence, and he looked at her with a gentle expression, one that wasn't pity but was, instead, a newfound understanding. "That depends," he responded, shrugging his shoulder as he relaxed back into his large frame. "Are you going to be exploring with me?"

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; He's trying to be nice ;w;
Tag;; @Luvena 
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 581

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Looming Shadows - by Luvena - 06-04-2021, 11:10 PM
RE: Looming Shadows - by Liam - 08-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: Looming Shadows - by Luvena - 08-11-2021, 09:36 PM
RE: Looming Shadows - by Liam - 08-12-2021, 03:30 PM