Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Children's Surrender

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
i'm going home, gonna load my shotgun
wait by the door and light a cigarette
if he wants a fight, well, now he's got one
She wasn't a social being among the court.

She didn't intend to ostracize herself from her court, but time could get away from you when you are working on building a dream, and that was truly what she was doing. A place of safety, where she could aid others with medicines and still be able to share new tea recipes and be able to provide something for her Court, her new home, a place that was starting to feel more like home than her beloved Primulan City. It was a painful thought, but it was true. At some point, Denocte had become so incredibly important to the former Fae Queen.

So of course she would be curious of an unfamiliar face.

She approached carefully, however, looking over the being with a curiousness, though she tilted her head at his response. Her muzzle twisted into an amused smile, and she graciously dipped her head in acknowledgment, "Ah, I do suppose that would make sense. You must be fairly new to Denocte, I would assume?" She asked, as she stood a respectable distance, curiosity keeping her in place after his first words to him. His next question however had her blinking slightly in shock before she snorted slightly in further amusement. "Neither, truly. But you carry the scent of Denocte, a clear marker you are part of the Court, so hardly a true stranger. But, I suppose, I do not, in any manner, make it a habit of approaching others in general, so perhaps you should consider yourself lucky for my attention?" Her retort was a touch more playful than his absent-minded reprimand.

Surely he knew he wasn't speaking to a naive foal?

He was checking the surrounding around them, but he gave his name of Boleyn, and the fae gracefully dipped her head in greeting, careful to keep her features respectable and not make a face at his audacity. She did however turn her gaze directly on him, "Ah, a Soldier. I am a medic with the Court, but I can assure you, I can take care of myself, I hardly need a supervisor to ensure my safety." Her filmy wings had lifted her into the air, and she gracefully hovered, tilting her head as she looked at him with amusement, "I have had a great deal of practice of defending myself, but I thank you for the concern all the same." She replied, trying to not laugh at the audacity.

She'd ruled nations before, after all. A warrior queen.

She tossed back her ivory forelock, and instead graced him with another smile, "But, never mind an argument on how well my gender can protect themselves. How are you taking to Denocte, Boleyn?" She asked instead, far more comfortable in the air than on the ground, the dainty fae relaxing as her wings buzzed delicately, fairy dust falling from them freely, causing small flowers to bloom beneath her where the dust settled, "I know it can be quite daunting to become accustomed to a new kingdom, but Denocte is a fine one, with many talented members." A number of them had already expressed interest in her tea shop as well, much to her delight. "If you have any questions regarding Denocte, or Novus in general, please do not hesitate to ask; I have become quite accustomed to these realms in my time here. And of course, if you have any questions later, I can always be found at my tea shop on the coast of Vitreus Lake."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Boleyn
Notes: I am so amused by his desire to make her see she needs protecting. hahaha

and he ain't seen me crazy yet
he slapped my face and he shook me like a ragdoll
don't that sound like a real man?
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 08-26-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 08-26-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 08-29-2021, 07:00 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 08-29-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Boleyn - 09-10-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: Children's Surrender - by Caelum - 09-10-2021, 11:41 PM